Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Irwindale Speedway Club Day 6-9-07

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Default Irwindale Speedway Club Day 6-9-07

Sorry for the late notice but if anyone is interested in the following please speak up quickly and Ill reserve you a spot.

I organized an event for SoCalStangs to do a club day at Irwindale Speedway on Sat. June 9th. The event is that we get a private car show of our own and before the races start we will do a parade lap around the track. And we have space left over so Id like to extend an invitation to you.

We are able to bring 40 cars (80 people get in free, driver+passenger) to show and do the parade lap and I would like to fill all 40 spots.

DETAILS:
June 9th-CRAFTSMAN TOOL NIGHT
Auto Club Late Models
King Taco Super Trucks
Vista Paint Super Stocks
Justice Brothers Mini Stocks

We would need to be there by 3:30pm. After we check in and sign waivers to get on the track, we will do one parade lap around the track and then park the cars in the Park Challet for our own private car show. All events start at 7pm and we will have our own roped off section in the grandstands. If youd like I can have them set us up with an option to buy meal cards for $6 each. General adult admission for any extra people wanting to attend (we get 2 free per car) is discounted to only $10.

I spoke to Ed at Stangwerks and he offered to let us all meet up at his shop before hand to regroup and head over since it is real close to the track. For those of us coming from SD (almost everyone I would imagine) we can meet down here and cruise up the 15 together.

To be fair I am going to make this just a first come first serve signup, unless anyone objects. So sign up fast! Also mention if anyone will be coming with you.
(I have added those who said yes on the previous thread, if you can not make it speak up and I will remove you from the list)
So whos in:
Richard-rrobello
Ed-Stangwerks
Ronnie-DarkShadowCobra
Ty-sonicvenom
Mike-SDKB +1maybe
Paula-R281
Nate-Domin8stang
Robert-01yellerCobra +3
Glen-Gut
Jarrod-JMagMach1
Adrian-WC_Racer
J-Whippld
Marco-2IN TURBO COBRA
Jason-black cat
Ed-C1Bullitt
Nestor-03 Mach 1
Mike Herman-67 Gt500
Richard-Surfnsocal
DR Riley-madmax305 +1
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Irwindale Speedway Club Day 6-9-07

WHat time ?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

A 'parade lap' - u r kidding, right? You are going to have an event at a dragstrip and not have any drag racing?

I take it this is at the circle track since it's Saturday and not the dragstrip. Why on earth wouldn't you have rented out the dragstrip for the event.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:52 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I'll be at the road course with real racers

C'mon FordFanBoy - let it loose on the big track and REALLY see what heat soak is LOL

Wish I could go.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:48 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

A 'parade lap' - u r kidding, right? You are going to have an event at a dragstrip and not have any drag racing?

I take it this is at the circle track since it's Saturday and not the dragstrip. Why on earth wouldn't you have rented out the dragstrip for the event.
its a parade lap on the oval track, the only racing that will be done that night will be by the NASCAR events I listed in the original post. We are doing the opening pace lap and then parking our cars for a private show, where everyone in attendance can view them as we watch the races.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:23 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

C'mon FordFanBoy - let it loose on the big track and REALLY see what heat soak is LOL

Wish I could go.
Oh I know, lol

I just get bent when people organize a meet at a perfectly good dragstrip and don't use it...[:@]

With 40 cars, would have been about $150 each to have the strip all to themselves. Anyone who goes to Irwindale would know how awesome that would be. (to actually get more than 4 runs in)

My car can't hang on your road courses flyer. Hell, I wouldn't make it a lap..lol

BUT - it's not my ONLY car though. I'd love to meet up with you sometime to try it out.

Mark
Old 06-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

It's a shame they're not doing any Figure 8 racing...That's some fun stuff!

Wish I could go, but I'm already setting up for my car cruise down here in San Diego...Sorry, guys!
Old 06-05-2007, 02:16 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

WHat time ?
all the time info is in the main post. We need to be at the track at 3:30pm and parked and registered, engines off by 4. All events start at 7pm.

As for the cruise up, thats in the works for the time and I will post as soon as I have all of the info
Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

Wish I could go.
Oh I know, lol

I just get bent when people organize a meet at a perfectly good dragstrip and don't use it...[:@]

With 40 cars, would have been about $150 each to have the strip all to themselves. Anyone who goes to Irwindale would know how awesome that would be. (to actually get more than 4 runs in)

My car can't hang on your road courses flyer. Hell, I wouldn't make it a lap..lol

BUT - it's not my ONLY car though. I'd love to meet up with you sometime to try it out.

Mark
I know, and Id like to maybe set something up like that in the future, plus I know I could get way more than 40 cars to that. But this is something that NASCAR was already running that night and the drags wont be open. So why not have fun and for free

also adding chris-vertiblemenace to the list

21 spots for cars left

Old 06-05-2007, 07:57 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

only 18 slots left for cars

Quick Reply: Irwindale Speedway Club Day 6-9-07