Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternative Auto -detroit. Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 12:08 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default Alternative Auto -detroit. Any good?

Hi Guys, anybody had any experience with "Alternative Auto" South of Detroit?

http://www.alternativeauto.com/prods...-3valve46.html

I'm looking to get my 06 GT Supercharged and these guys seem to know their stuff. They use the Whipple charger system, is that respected?

Thanks for any input

Marcus
Old 06-05-2007, 12:18 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Alternative Auto -detroit. Any good?

I dont know about Alternative Auto, but the Wipple SCis certainly very respected, after a lot of research and experience with other methods of FI, I decided to go with Whipple, you will not regret it. I installed my own and it wasnt difficult at allso for a pro mechanic itshould be a piece of cake.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 AM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

I have not had them work on my car but have came across quite a few people at the track and they swear be lidio as the best tuner out there.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:39 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

He is (Lidio) one of the best in Michigan and I know people come from out of state to get their cars worked on and dyno tuned. He is the only one that tunes the stangs, F150's, the Ford GT, etc. I am having the Whipple H.O. installed hopefully by the end of the month and He is the one that will do all the tuning after install of the Whipple. I live less than a mile from his place of business and he just had a dyno day the same day they opened MRT out in Plymouth. I know he has a few people working for him but as stated on the site and in person he is the tuner of any car that goes in for work. So yes I would recommend him to anyone and PM if you want to go up together to meet him and get some quotes! Later J
Old 06-05-2007, 12:51 AM
1BADD05
3rd Gear Member

I have heard nothing but great things about Lidio! So I wouldn't have any fear!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:20 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hey Mike how did it go this weekend! Hope all is well and you had fun. I am still going to bring a few things up to Lidio about the mustang club this week.......maybe he will do what we discussed a few months ago.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=lol.gif] J
Old 06-05-2007, 01:31 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Lidio is great....he knows his stuf and IMO he is one of the 5 best tuners going. He is alway up there when it comes to track time and Lidios GT is constantly in the top 5 when he runs at the track.
Give him a call, talking to him will give you a better since of what to do....
Old 06-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

I hear nothing about that.But I recomment to go to livernois motorsport.You may drive there and have a look.Compare some other speed shop to get more info then choose the best one to do it.
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/main.phtml

If you'll be there,ask for Rick and tell him Rainson send you there and he'll show you around the shop,you'll see tons of good stuff.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Thanks a lot Guys, that makes me feel a whole lot better, I'll drop Lidio a call..

So, if I booked it far enough in advance, would he do the install/test in one day or would I have to find a hotel for a night?

livernoismotorsports is way to far to drive for this, Detroit is about the limit. Thanks for the info though
Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

Lidio is by far the best tuner in the industry.He actually wrote the tune for the automatic 05+ Mustangs.He has his hands full right now I just spoke with him yesterday and he can't take on anymore work for 2 more weeks.If your looking to talk to him your going to have to leave a message because the person who usually fields his calls for him is no longer with the company.But he got back to me within a couple of hours.He said they are moving shop from the Clemm to 23 and Gratiot.I spoke with him regarding the Whipple in detail yesterday.Now I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place.The whipple is by far head and shoulders above any S/C on the market.Problem being I would almost have to start overfrom scratch. He told me my 4.10's are to big and would have to drop down to 3.73 or my stock 3.55 (That I hung onto).Scrap the C&l CAI differant pulley etc.I feel like I spent enough money on Bolt ons and cosmetic stuff to start over.Maybe I'm better off waiting for 09 see what design changes come to the new Stang or maybe by thenI can A plan aGT 500 and just have it tuned.Any opinions?

Quick Reply: Alternative Auto -detroit. Any good?