Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever driven next to your own Mustang??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:09 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ever driven next to your own Mustang??

yeah my dads driven my car, he drives it like a beast too. it sounds so good from the outside, i didnt realize how far away you can hear it!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:13 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all the well wishes. Damn it sucks to get old....(51[:'(][:'(]) I guess just too many years of toting my lard *** around....

Glad to see that I am not the only one that finds this view of the car unique. I would never have guessed it appears, and especially sounds, so different...Man, when she got after it right in front of me, just seeing the *** end squat and grab, and hear the exhaust......SHWING!!!!!!!!

Thanks again to all......

Mike
Old 06-05-2007, 03:13 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Lol Silencer, it didnt even hit me until after I finished typing it when I went back and proof read. I was thinking about taking it out before I posted, but left it in figuring someone would get a kick out of it... I guess it served its purpose.[8D]
Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 AM
123fearit
1st Gear Member

Never driven next to my car but I used to slow down when i passed those all glass buildings just to see my cars reflection as i drive by. Heh heh
Old 06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Hey Mike,

Hope you feel better soon, not a fun thing to go through.

Best wishes!!!

Judi
Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 123fearit

Never driven next to my car but I used to slow down when i passed those all glass buildings just to see my cars reflection as i drive by. Heh heh
+1Thats going to make me hit something one day. That or really shiny tankers but only when I pull up next to them and pass them.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

First off..Get well.Sorry to hear you can't drive your stang.But yes on your question,But very dangerous..lol couldn't keep my eyes off her.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Yes, Once my wife and I were in our Yellow Mustangheading home from dinner from a neighboring town and I saw a nice looking black Mustang up ahead. It seemed to be going like 75+ in a 65 mph zone. Imagine our surprize when we caught up to it and our 18 yr old daughter was driving it! She was coming home from somewhere she was NOT supposted to be! (only one road between these two towns)As we were catching up to it I was thinking hey thats a nice car I hope its NOT from around here, because it looks kind of like ours! I hadn't seen our car on the road with the new 20" Black Bullitts. Anyway once we ALL got home seems my daughter saw us a few miles before I noticed her and she sped up to try and keep us behind her! (She lost the keys for a week! 1 reasons; one for being where she shouldn't and the other for speeding/trying to get away with it!) She knew as soon as she saw us she was going to be busted as it was like 40 miles from homeand she knew sooner or later I would notice her and catch up!
I have seen both of our cars on the road. Sometimes my wife and I will drive somewhere to take pictures or what ever and switch cars to drive home! (I think she likes the S/C!)

Old 06-05-2007, 11:29 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

Yes, Once my wife and I were in our Yellow Mustangheading home from dinner from a neighboring town and I saw a nice looking black Mustang up ahead. It seemed to be going like 75+ in a 65 mph zone. Imagine our surprize when we caught up to it and our 18 yr old daughter was driving it! She was coming home from somewhere she was NOT supposted to be! (only one road between these two towns)As we were catching up to it I was thinking hey thats a nice car I hope its NOT from around here, because it looks kind of like ours! I hadn't seen our car on the road with the new 20" Black Bullitts. Anyway once we ALL got home seems my daughter saw us a few miles before I noticed her and she sped up to try and keep us behind her! (She lost the keys for a week! 1 reasons; one for being where she shouldn't and the other for speeding/trying to get away with it!) She knew as soon as she saw us she was going to be busted as it was like 40 miles from homeand she knew sooner or later I would notice her and catch up!
I have seen both of our cars on the road. Sometimes my wife and I will drive somewhere to take pictures or what ever and switch cars to drive home! (I think she likes the S/C!)

Now that WOULD be strange...catching up to a good looking steed, only to discover it's your own!! Talk about panic time......[8D][8D] I must say that you were much kinder on your daughter than I probably would have been.......

Mike
Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

It is a weird fact that you might see a few cars exactly the same as yours but your own car just looks better. Some funky brain-fart-thing I guess. Even my wife, who just got her stock Silver Golf, says the same thing about hers and God knows there are enough of those things rolling round.
I dropped into some business in a rural area recently to see somebody and when we'd finished chatting he walked out with me to the cars. I got the old "Oh man, I love those, I had a 2000 model GT......etc etc" So, being the gentleman I am I offer him a go in it. He initially resisted but gave in and took it out for a few minutes while I deliberately waited next to the road. As soon as he started it up my brain was farting, I thought it looked and sounded better than any other Mustang I've seen LOL
When he drove down the road he didn't stomp it but let the revs drag out if you know what I mean, it reminded me of the scene in MadMax1 when Max was rolling into position in his interceptor... So COOL !!!

Jeez, I better stop now, I feel like I'm in school again LOL

Quick Reply: Ever driven next to your own Mustang??