Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mineral Grey sucks. (Awesome Update!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Karrmer

Default Mineral Grey sucks. (Awesome Update!)

-Really awesome update in my post in the bottom. This car is satan and attracts all sorts of doom, apparently.-

I have a Mineral Grey 2005 V6 coupe. Recently someone did an awesome hit and run on my front end, scraping the front of the bumper all the way across pretty wild style and slashed into the plastic a good bit and totally screwed up the part where the front license plate goes.

And I'm finding that it is completely impossible to find a mineral grey take-off part for ANYTHING, man. I figured it'd be cool to grab the front GT appearance package, and probably the GT rear bumper so I could throw on some dual exhausts too, but I can't even find the color listed anywhere.. be it newtakeoff.com, diversified marketing, wherever.

I love the color but I'm regretting getting it now because it seems so rare, is that why no one has any parts for it? Or do people just think it sucks and don't carry anything for it? Haha.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:49 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Mineral Grey ROCKS!

Since it was only offered in 2005, you'll have a hard time finding take-off parts in MG. Get a body shop to match the paint - and enjoy your unique ride. BTW, I think MG is an awesome color, but I'm biased -
Old 06-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I like the color too!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
JDBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, just buy one in another color and get it painted, I know that's more money, but if you can't find a MG one, that's about the only other choice.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:23 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

have the insurance company pay for a roush front bumper
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]
ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

have the insurance company pay for a roush front bumper
Old 06-05-2007, 09:52 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Keep an eye on the "for sale" forum here, and at the other boards. I have seen quite a few people selling MG parts, because of going to after market stuff. I just picked up a pair of CDC louvers already painted, in perfect condition, for 100 bucks.....

Mike
Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Just buy any color, put it on your car and have the whole car painted mother-of-pearl. Like that teacher's teeth on that colgate commercial. Ya know?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Karrmer

-UPDATE- Today I am driving home on the 805 Southbound here in beautiful San Diego, and some guy in a Ford F250 diesel company truck is in front of me a good distance. Some large piece of drywall launches out of his car and flys directly into my front end. There was traffic all over so I couldn't do anything but watch in horror as the thing rocketed into my car, went directly through the lower part of my front bumper, and completely impaled my radiator dropping the fluid all over the freeway.

Had to get it towed, blah blah, insurance guy is coming out... so it looks like they have to replace my bumper, haha.

Question, though -- how much do you guys think it costs to replace a radiator in one of these things? And anyone know if it's possible to ask for cash for the bumper part of the replacement and just look into getting a GT front end? Haha.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:35 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

Get an estimate so you know approximately what it is going to cost for repairs, you can have them make the check to you. I have a take off GT front bumper I'll sell ya...its GO tho.

Quick Reply: Mineral Grey sucks. (Awesome Update!)