Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mannn, sometimes....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Puddle356
1st Gear Member

Default mannn, sometimes....

sometimes I love this car so much that it makes me hate it. I spend so much effort and moneyto keep it, have fun with it. But now I'm losing oppurtunities because of it and I feel trapped. my gf wants us to move out and I can't because of this thing. She won't let me sell it for fear of feeling guilty, but gets mad at me because I can't afford to move out. I feel like I'm screwing myself right now to keep this car, please tell me I'm not the only one out there?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:01 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: mannn, sometimes....

girlfriends can be replaced, but what can replace
that shiny red stang? the stang needs you, don't
let her down
Old 06-08-2007, 03:16 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I love my car too, i make sacrafices to (not that extreme) but like sometimes i wont go places because i have to go down a dirt road or something or park in the grass or park close to people lol. But if you think moving with your gf could change your life and lead you to better things id sell it. It seems like you have a love hate relationship with it. You love having it but dont love the stress it puts on you mentally and finacially. It might be a relief to settle down and sell it. Then later on when you feel less stressed buy a new stang.

But then again i find my stang a stress reliever, it helps me get away from it all and have a place to go. When the lady is bitchin i go clean it or mess with it lol and im happy again
Old 06-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Puddle356
1st Gear Member

yeah, that's what I try to explain to her. Really, I would be happy with just a fast car to work on as a hobby and have fun with. Its not the end of the world to have to sell it. I'll just buy an older one and fix it up some. Then someday in the future I'll buy a nice new one again. I mean, I'm only 21, I have more important things right now in life to plan before making a stupid move like trying to afford a $20,000 car. bleh. everyone makes mistakes I guess right?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Id prob have done the same thing. But i mean , building your life is the main thing you gotta be worried about right now. Theres enough things you got to worry about righht now esp at 21 you shouldnt be stressing over a toy. I dont think you made a mistake i think you saw something you wanted but liked it so much you didnt think of the things youd have to sacrfice for it.

If thats what you enjoy doing get an older 5.0 you can find one cheap and the mods are relatively cheap compared to the s197s
Old 06-08-2007, 03:28 AM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

NO man... I am 22 and I can't move out, my GF left after 3 years together because I wouldn't move out... I don't have the money to move out, and I am not going to leave with her... but I replaced the GF, but every time I work on that car, every time I drive it, every time I wash it... THE STANG is a way of life, it's not only the a car ( to me, I know I do stupid things but that is not one of them) if you can work hard and pay it off if you can keep it , do it.

ORIGINAL: Puddle356

yeah, that's what I try to explain to her. Really, I would be happy with just a fast car to work on as a hobby and have fun with. Its not the end of the world to have to sell it. I'll just buy an older one and fix it up some. Then someday in the future I'll buy a nice new one again. I mean, I'm only 21, I have more important things right now in life to plan before making a stupid move like trying to afford a $20,000 car. bleh. everyone makes mistakes I guess right?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

GF's have parts that your stang doesn't... prolly more important ones!

ORIGINAL: jaxbelleil

NO man... I am 22 and I can't move out, my GF left after 3 years together because I wouldn't move out... I don't have the money to move out, and I am not going to leave with her... but I replaced the GF, but every time I work on that car, every time I drive it, every time I wash it... THE STANG is a way of life, it's not only the a car ( to me, I know I do stupid things but that is not one of them) if you can work hard and pay it off if you can keep it , do it.

ORIGINAL: Puddle356

Old 06-08-2007, 11:22 AM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 06-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Weed Racer
1st Gear Member

At 22, the last thing you should be doing is getting rid of a car for a broad.

Live your life, love your car, and enjoy the variety that comes with different women.

Someday you'll be in your 40s, married and chasinghouse apesall over the yard, and you'll need the memories from this time of your life to keep you sane.

What you won't need is regrets.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:31 AM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

This is not a problem specific to Mustangs. Unless you buy some cheap pos that breaks down every other day, you'll be in the same situation. It's a matter of how you spend your money - you made a choice to buy reliable transportation, and now you're responsible for a car payment. It's a choice you made - and your GF approved of - that both of you are now paying for.

I have an idea: Each of you start putting aside a little bit of money each week. That way, you'll eventually have enough to move. Meanwhile, you keep the Mustang.

Quick Reply: mannn, sometimes....