Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*token dumbass moment... curbcheck...*

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: *token dumbass moment... curbcheck...*

Scraped my rim. I can't park near curbs for **** =-/
Old 06-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

My moment of idiocy was 2 weeks after I bought the car. I was backing it up onto some Rhino Ramps to put on the new mufflers and went right off the back of them. The frame came down on each one and pinned them there just in front of the rear wheels. I had to bust out the floor jack to crank up the car and get them out from under there. The most embarassing part was the rails underneath buired into the ramp so they were stuck to the car, lol. Oh well, all seemed well with the exception of the sheet metal underneath near the jack point that was bent up a little. Luckily nothing that is visible unless you crawl under there...
[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 06-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tubra

Gave mine a slight knick the other day but it is fairly hard to notice. Stupid parrallel parking. I almost never have to do it and I'm used to my jeep where if you tap the curb it is alright.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: Tubra

Ditto me! A few weeks after I got my new DDs from American Muscle.com, I scraped up my right front wheel as I was parallel parking....trying to get too close and just could not gauge how close I really was. The worst part is that I also did it again a few days later PULLING INTO a parking spot at the mall. No friggin' parallel parking or nothing. It was simple. I just had pull in! But nooooooo, Ihad to tryto get as close to the curb on the passenger side as I could so no ignorant f--ks would be able to ding my door on the driver'sside, and of course.....scraaaaaape goes the wheel! Real nice! I don't know what it is, but I just cannot gauge how far my wheels stick out on the passenger side yet, and I've had this car a year and the wheels about 8 months!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:08 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

I have to chime in on this one...This is my first RWD car and I was out having a little fun in the rain when I started to spin out! I was the only one on a 3 lane road and thought I had enough room to continue the spin around and bring the car to a stop and pull away...NOPE! Slammed into the curb sending my rear tire up onto the curbso hard I crack my rim all the way through and bent my rear axle!!! A week and$1,770. later I had my baby back....Dumb! [sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

LOL nice stories, chit happens to us all.
Once I was about to change the oilon my T-bird and all I had was ramps to lift the front end, so I miscalculated and drove past the end of the ramps, at least I was sure my car wasnt going anywere while changing the oil LOL.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Seeing ya'll fess-up your mistakes makes me feel a whole lot better!
(but I still wish I saw that darn curb!)
Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Fellow dumbass here...........3-weeks ago backed up into a closed drive thru and scraped a "yellow painted" curb with my back passenger 20 incher!!! That yellow paint etched in my rim and rubber looked OH SO purty!!!!! Needless to say, I heard the word dumbass from the old man for a few days!!!! You are not alone my friend!!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Ditto, guilty in the case of the "Dumb-*** vs the Curb". Was at a drive thru at a Mickey D's and after ordering didn't realize I was too close to the side curbing of the drive-thru lane and upon driving through and turning to straighten out........S C R A T C H! on driver's side rear wheel, as soon as I heard it I stopped and backed up slightly, but the damage was done, not the biggest(maybe 1/2 -3/4 inches long), but it's not a nice feeling. Only takes one time to make a person aware that our cars aren't the narrowest, but having a rim(or any other part) pay the price is a bitch..............................
Old 06-06-2007, 10:09 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

Happened to me a few days after I bought the car. It is even worse when sitting in the pass seat and you get the words out "your going to hit" scrape scrape "the curb".

Quick Reply: *token dumbass moment... curbcheck...*