Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No need for S/C if you have a HONDA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:06 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Default No need for S/C if you have a HONDA!

Well as many of you know i retired my stang as my daily driver and purchased a 98 Honda Accord 2.3 L !! Mainly because i started a new job where i have to ride 200 miles a day and today was my first day off inabout two weeks. So i take out the stang and im sure its just mental but this thing seems way faster than before. I feel like im in a rocket ship, im almost as excited with it as the first day i bought it!!! I was grinning like a little kid and before when i was driving her everyday i felt like it was becoming too slow for me.

So it got me wondering does anyone else expierence this. Let me tell you if your ever bummed you cant get forced induction drive around a 4 banger for a couple weeks youll think your on the forth turn at daytona when you get into your stang.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:10 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: No need for S/C if you have a HONDA!

Got an accident last3 months,and my stang would fixed in 4 weeks,so I rent a neon and drive it for 1 week,then usa my father's 2003 towncar.Finally got the stang back.Same as you,I feel like im in a rocket ship, im almost as excited with it as the first day i bought it!!! I was grinning like a little kid and before when i was driving her everyday i felt like it was becoming too slow for me.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

Nope. My 4-banger seems fast too...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:47 AM
Black*Death
2nd Gear Member

I didn't drive mine for a week and came back home from a trip, and yes felt faster than I remembered. You probably had a bigger thrill because you were driving a POS slow Honda
Old 06-10-2007, 03:04 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rainson

Got an accident last3 months,and my stang would fixed in 4 weeks,so I rent a neon and drive it for 1 week,then usa my father's 2003 towncar.Finally got the stang back.Same as you,I feel like im in a rocket ship, im almost as excited with it as the first day i bought it!!! I was grinning like a little kid and before when i was driving her everyday i felt like it was becoming too slow for me.
Yea, I had to drive a 4 cylinder camry for a few weeks, and after getting the mustang back from repairs, it felt like a ferrari.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

With the S/C I get this feeling EVERY SINGLE DAY! (no kidding!)

"I feel like I'm in a rocket ship, I'm almost as excited with it as the first day I installed the super charger!!! I was grinning like a little kid and before whenI was drivingour S/C MustangeverydayI felt like my cheeks would crack from grining all day long.For me its like being young with no worries while I'm out crusin with the top down."
Old 06-10-2007, 03:36 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Know what you mean, I drive a full size service van for work............when I get home and drive the stang she feels like a rocket!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:17 AM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

i use to drive a explorer before i got my car, i flet all fast because i could beat any honda around. i hadn't driven it for like 6 months cause its my dads car now, last weekend i used it to go to the beach, THAT THING FELT SOOOOOO SLOW, i was like dang what happen to this thing. but guess what i lined un to a 92-94 civic hatchback and a 94 mustang V6 just waved bye bye. lol even though it was only like 1 1/2 car lengths. then i got in my stang [sm=gears.gif]it was another story
Old 06-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I was telling people today that my last car was a 2002 Saturn SC2. 124 hp on a 1.9L engine...And I thought THAT felt fast at times...

And then I went & bought my GT. 2 days after buying it, I took my uncle out in it, and he asked me, "So, what can she do?"

I took him out, punched it, and the car TOOK off. At that moment I knew I'd found a good car to replace it with...And I haven't looked back since.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Vulcan
2nd Gear Member

Yep! I have a 99' Toyota 4 Runner as my daily driver and when the weekend comes and the Stang gets out it certianly is a different feeling.

Quick Reply: No need for S/C if you have a HONDA!