Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much can you negotiate a 2007 for?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Zan186
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How much can you negotiate a 2007 for?

Yes but their are a ton of 07 GT's on lot's and Mustang Sales are in a huge slump right now. I am expecting Ford to do something to help dealers move the 07's off their lots.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:05 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Mine was $27,100 sticker and I paid $23,800.

Stay away from dealers that have a lot of specialty cars like the Stallion, Saleens, etc. They are almost always going to have higher prices on even regular Mustangs. A guy I know has the EXACT GT I have, and he paid $32,000 (same year, color, wheels,and everything) He nought his from a "high end" dealer, and I got mine from a dealer that just had a ton of regular Mustangs.

Also, refuse everything they offer you. This goes for the deal they try to cut you and also any add-ons you get if you do buy it (refuse everything even if you want it, like extended warranty, etc....they will start coming down on those prices drastically too). Tell them you have a friend who wants to sell his C5 Vette for $24,000 because he is moving to Germany...but it has a cracked bumper and you are afraid of the insurance. Who cares what your story is, just pretend like you are there looking at Mustangs as your second choice, not your first choice.

Also, the end of summer is when they really move the last model year out.

And, try to go in on a rainy day. They don't expect sales on rainy days and it might help your deal a little.

End of the month is a good time too. I planned mine for the last day in December.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:47 PM
07Vert

Also, it depends where you live. Here in sunny south FL they sell alot of verts so I didnt have alot of room for movment on price. On a coup maybee.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

1. Invoice means nothing. dealers have two additional things that most people outside of the dealer and/or ford would know about, holdback and floor plan assistance. A dealer can go below "invoice" and still make money.

2. Don't just say no to everything they offer you, like GAP insurance, I'm sorry, but if one buys a car without GAP, especially a Ford, your not being prudent about your finances.

3. Lets just say you go in on the "rainy" day and at the last day of the month, don't fool yourself, no one sells a car and is going to take a hit, NO ONE. Lets say they give you that smoking price up front, well there are other ways to make money of you.

A- Hold points on your financing. Example Mr. Customer we were able to obtain you 8.9% interest through SunTrust, well the thing is two fold, one they prolly have a buy rate of 5.9 - 7.9 and are making money on the extra points they sell the loan to you at. Then most banks will give incentive to dealers to use them to buy paper (loans).

B- They will most likely hold on your trade, even if they give you KBB (kelly blue book), lol. they will still make money on your car, no matter how good you think you negotiated. Remember they will retail it with minimal investment, that or wholesale it if it is a POS.

C- Remember that the salesman is most likely making a flat on your deal, i.e. $50 - 100 a deal, which is nothing. Buy from someone you like. Domestics don't sell, any Ford dealer will want to make a deal.

lastly, keep in mind that the larger the dealer does not mean the better the price, I shopped 5 Ford dealers in the metro Orlando area and the smallest one was the best deal by far, the "high" volume dealer was the worst, funny eh?

Do you homework, be patient, don't allow yourself to make a decision out of haste. simple.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:42 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

I found my car on Craigs list, a lot of dealers will advertise there so don't be afraid to check it out. I bought mine for $23,900 with 700 miles on it. I am sure it was a repo but with the miles so low I wasn't afraid. I am also sure that it being white had a lot to do with price being so low.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Zan186
1st Gear Member

Well I am in a pretty good situation, I have 1 year left on a 05 Ford Escape lease. I have an older 91 Jeep Wrangler that runs ok but is starting to rust ( I use it for plowing the snow from my parking lot), wife has a 03 Trailblazer (family vehicle) and I just bought an 02 Viper as my toy.
I have 7k more miles before I hit the cap on the Escape lease, which I use as a work vehicle. I can keep the miles down and stretch it if I have to, so I have no hurry to buy.
I am extremley particular with what I want. If I want a Vista Blue, I am only gonna buy a Vista Blue. I do like the Grabber Orange also so I have more than 1 option.
I found one Vista Blue Mustang GT Premium for $30,430 in New Jersey. I figure I will offer to lease it for $25,000 and see how that goes. I would probably go for 26k but I feel with the Mustang market being in a lull and so many are sitting on lots with the 08's coming out in a few weeks that I might save a few 1000 in the deal.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:29 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

2007 deluxe 22,000.00
Old 06-10-2007, 11:38 PM
mustanggt218v8

The GT I wanted was 28,410 with the incentives and everything they were going to give me 24,800. I was going to have to order it and was going to but when I went to talk to them again they told me I was too late. When they gave me that price they told me that I had time so Iwent home to make sure that everything was in order. I called them a week later and that’s when they told me it was too late. How convenient. I was pissed so I'm going somewhere else.
Good luck to you though.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:12 AM
laredotexas
1st Gear Member

2007 GT
MSRP $28,410.00
Xplan $26,300
Final deal after a few negotiations $24,500.00
Old 06-11-2007, 12:17 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

the sticker on my gt was 29750 and i walked out on their first offer of 27000. i went to a different dealer and they offered me 26500. i went back to the original dealer and told them i found one for 26500 and said if they wanted my money i wanted it for 25000 with the 7 year waranty. that night i drove off in a new gt.

Quick Reply: How much can you negotiate a 2007 for?