Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Vs GTO

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
TheRebel
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang Vs GTO

One of my buddies bought a new GTO. Hopefully he gets it ready so we can take our cars to the strip Friday night. Unfortunately it is only a 1/8-mile but will still be fun. I don’t plan on beating him but it will be fun to run stock against stock (300hp Vs 400hp). Although I’m told he can’t drive so it might be closer than I’m expecting.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 06-14-2007, 12:10 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Vs GTO

hey i just ran against my buddies gto.. (automatic).. from rolling at about 20 we both had a even start.. he pulled maybe a half car ahead, and then in top of second and into thrid.. i started to pull up on him, but at this point we were at about 85 on a city street.. so we both shut down..

i was VERY suprised that i did this well..

so then we went on the interstate, and at about 50 i dropped down to 2nd.. well it was allready at about 5k so i had a rough, bad start there.. but i quickly got into 3rd.. and some how during that, he started alot better with his auto, and i caught up to him and passed him and had a car on him for about 6 seconds untill we shut down..

when we got to where we were going, he was suprised also, bc he didnt think i could come close at all..

he also said that he wasnt flooring it on teh first run.. but on the interstate, he said he was, and thats when i reall took off on him...

i was grinning the entire night.. the ol stand packs a bigger punch that ppl think.. and i love it..

i got it dyno'd just yesterday and custom tuned.. and am running 291.05 to the wheels.. with 311.91 tq..

let us know how you do..
-GTstang
Old 06-14-2007, 12:17 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

I call B.S. No such thing as an automatic new GTO
Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 PM
SRT lol
1st Gear Member

The mojority of new GTO's are automatic.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:22 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

My father in law has an 04 automatic GTO....

I know this because
1) I have seen the car and...
2) he has a bad knee and cannot drive a manual anymore
Old 06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Really? Then my deepest apologies...was always told all GTO's are 6 Speed. Guess I didn't care enough to do my own research since I'd never buy one. Again, my deepest apologies.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:33 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

no appologies needed.. and i think im mistaken, its a 05.. automatic.. but the point im getting acrros wiht the year is that its the 400hp LS2.. my other freind has an 06, 6 spd.. but he cant drive for ****..

Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

The GTO is one of the few cars where you actually pay MORE for the manual transmission. My friend has an 04 with the LS1 (350hp) motor. Those things mod nicely....really nicely.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

My neighbor has a LS2 400hp 6-speed one and I stayed right next to him everytime we race. He gets pretty pissed cause he thinks his car is the fastest thing on the planet. But it does weigh a few hundred pounds more than a stang.
I havent raced him after my tune and mods so im pretty sure I will be able to pull ahead of him now. But there is no way a mustang will match the GTO's top speed.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:33 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Anyone knows what a GTO actually puts to the wheels? Any stock dynos floatin around out there? My friend has one and got an exhaust for it, it sounds illegally loud haha, but I'd like to be able to keep up with it with the turbo

Quick Reply: Mustang Vs GTO