Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insane Paint Job on 07 GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Insane Paint Job on 07 GT

Looking pretty insane. Didn't see any painting of the inside of the trunk? engine bay? ...are these staying white? Can't wait to see more pics. thanks for sharing!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 12:31 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

That's going to look craaaazy. keep us posted.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Vulcan
2nd Gear Member

Someone f 'up the front spoiler.[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

the kit on the car as it is in white, is the Street Scene Gen II front end with the Gen I rear, but that is being changed

the entire car is being painted if you click the link you will notice that even the door jams are painted where the two tone and pinstripe follows into there as well

due to the desire for perfection the decision was made not to rush and try to have it done by sunday for the Brea show, but a lot of progress had already been made so it will be done soon and I will be posting more pics ASAP
Old 06-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

Can't wait to see the final result ... almost like an episode of Overhaulin' on the Forum!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:13 PM
jaxbelleil
2nd Gear Member

These guys are really good... about how much did all that cost?
Old 06-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

Yeah what does a complete paint job with stripes cost?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:45 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Right, but in the pics I see the inner trunk masked off (closed off), and painting the engine compartment would involve pulling the motor and a lot of components and detail masking. ...my question was about your plans for the engine compartment and the inside of the trunk. Thanks, (I'm sure it will look phenomenal!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:14 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

the paint scheme is being changed up a bit, the colors will remain the same and still doing the two tone, but instead of doing the stripes Ed's decided to do flames down the side. I saw what he plans on doing and it will definitely look sweet! The car went into the booth today so hopefully I will have pics of it soon.

if anyone is interested in pricing to get something done, you can PM me and I will relay it to Ed for you.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:18 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Sorry for the delay on updates, but because this car belongs to Ed and Stangwerks is now in the midst of movin' on up to bigger and better things, the progress is slow going. It did go into the booth the other day to lay down the base coat and then was masked to to the second color and I believe is now just waiting to get the airbrush graphics laid out. Another update, once the car is done with paint it will be going to Kenne Belle for a 2.3L SC, so I will do my best to snag some pics before it disappears again.

But a little update on what these bigger and better things are; yesterday I helped Ed with part of a huge move he is making. Stangwerks is changing locations to Azusa right on the main street (Arrow Hwy). The place is much larger than the current one in Rancho Cucamonga and many great things are in the works to make SW an even bigger success. The facilities and equipment are an upgrade and better and more work will be able to get done. There will be a showroom, with a nice large waiting area and much more. When the move is complete we will be doing a grand opening to do something very cool for all of SW's customers (new and old), give you all a chance to check out the new place and all of you will be invited. I will post more about this when the time draws nearer.

For now a few sneak peaks of what is to be:

and a quick look at some of the work by the talent that will be on hand:

Quick Reply: Insane Paint Job on 07 GT