Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best supercharger for the money

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 08:55 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: best supercharger for the money

The positive displacement S/Cs are more costly and the ones that maintain the factory warranty are yet more expensive(and usually are conservatively tuned to boot). Centrifugal S/Cs are cheaper and only come with(like most S/C companies) a warranty that only covers the S/C itself. I believe Roush is the only company that warranties the drivetrain with it's S/Cs. For under $4K you're pretty much limited to a centrifugal non-intercooled S/C from Paxton, Vortech and Powerdyne(which I think is in the under $3K range on eBay). Try eBay or JoeBlowRacing, although I'm sure companies like Brenspeed, etc. will say that their "complete" packages are a better deal in the long run, but if you shop wisely and have a game plan, you can piece a system that suits your needs and budget. Best of luck.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:39 AM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

IMO a supercharger is a big step and you should not skimp on that modification. I understand that I may have certain plans but I think that you should save up and get a quality system and do it right. It all depends on what you want out of your car. I personally am waiting until I can do forged internals and a KB setup. That way I have covered all bases. Even before that I know that I will need to upgrade the susepension in order to enjoy driving a supercharged GT. I know a guy who just threw on a vortech supercharger and has to baby it a lot out of a dig and in gear changes because the stock suspension just cant handle it. We all know how much wheel hop there is with the basic power of our cars.

I will always say you should upgrade the suspension first. If you drive hard like most of us do you will have a lot of fun if your first upgrade is the suspension. After that you have a great platform that can handle some serious power. Then go for a S/C setup and you will have one mean beast.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:04 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah if i'm going to SC my ride, better be a good setup, not a crappy one ... remember, you get what you pay for.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:35 AM
SkylineUSA

I love my VORTECH H.O.! Installed in a weekend, canned tune is not the greatest, but with a simple dyno tune will put down 400 to the wheels. I am installing meth, shooting for 475 with a 3.48 pulley.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:44 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Brakes would be a worthwhile upgrade if your going supercharged.

I know in my head exactly what im goign to do before the supercharger when I get my stang the entire project is already in my head in order of how its going to happen. Suspension first not altering power. Then some big meaty brakes been looking at the movit big brake kits 6 piston. Then forged internals and while thats being done will likely have it cammed and a few breather mods done then after a while the blower. Means I build a block and a car capable of handling the extra power rather than just whacking it on there. And the stangs brakes aren't exactly great to begin with. Putting more power through the wheels and asking them to cope is just a recipe for disater.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:13 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SkylineUSA

I love my VORTECH H.O.! Installed in a weekend, canned tune is not the greatest, but with a simple dyno tune will put down 400 to the wheels. I am installing meth, shooting for 475 with a 3.48 pulley.
Vortech HO kit is good for 450+ to the wheels before going Meth.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:53 PM
SkylineUSA

ORIGINAL: viking396

Ya, I know that, but that is pushing it a little bit, I like to play it safe
Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: SkylineUSA

ORIGINAL: viking396

Ya, I know that, but that is pushing it a little bit, I like to play it safe
not pushing it much...... also depends on your dyno.... my H.O. make 435 MD - would be 470-485 area on a DJ....
Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 PM
sksville

Default MagnaCharger SuperCharger 4 Sale!!!!

Sorry to bulge in on you guys, but i have a 4.6L/5.4L SuperCharger for sale on Ebay or you can buy it straight out... It fits all 4.6 and 5.4 Motors... Its listed Under SuperCharger Magnacharger for 4.6 or 5.4 on Ebay.... Its a 6psi MagnaCharger... Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/68568/7AA008AF28584285BE9F48F73A0D1752.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MagnaCharger SuperCharger 4 Sale!!!!

I agree with others that this is a big investment and you should purchase a good quality kit that meets your needs. Try not to skimp based on cost as you often get what you pay for. Also recommend a good dyno tune to make sure everything is running the way it should. Good luck!

Quick Reply: best supercharger for the money