Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am Mustang-less... :( (UPDATED!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 12:27 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default I am Mustang-less... :( (UPDATED!)

***UPDATE***
Wow! That was a long wait, but I got my Stang back after almost three weeks. The great news is that I had no dead battery, started right up and it made it basically all safe and sound. The only thing was a small superficial scratch (maybe able to buff off) underneath the 1/4 rear window. Not a big deal, but hey.. it was not there when I shipped it and the shipper will pay for any repairs, so I'll see if it's worth fixing professionally, we'll see.

I do recommend the shipper tho...Horseless Carriage Carrier. They only ship in enclosed carriers and have their own fleet. They can be found on the web. Whooo Hooooo!!!!

Well...it's really not what you think... I would not sell this bad boy for anything in the world...well, for the right money who knows? But, I am on military orders from Alexandria, VA to Washington State and today was the day to ship my stallion. The shipping company was Horselesscarriage.com. Ironic isn't it? I assure you once I placed the pony inside this thing...it was no longer horseless..... Anyway, the companywas recommended by another MF member. A bit pricey..I must admit, but from customer service to cleaniness of the truck and courteous/clean driver to they way my ponywas handled...I can say that so far so good (knock on wood). The true test will be on the other side....once I get it off loaded. I thought I would share somepics I took of the whole process...and since I know we love pics on this forums...I know you would enjoy them. So, here we go:

Noticed my latest addition? Not the dog..he's my loyal guardian (Mad Max), but the 4" M5230 GTA Axleback..love these things. BTW, that's me driving the stang inside the beast.

Plastic seat cover..important...

What's not on the pics is the brand new plastic cover the company placed on top to protect it further. The plastic cover was a little bit stronger than the one the use at when you have your clothes back from the cleaners, yet gentle enough not to scratch the paint.

Bye, bye now...sniff, sniff...[X(]
Old 06-16-2007, 12:56 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I am Mustang-less... :(

Great Pics Man....The only pic missing is you waving good-bye as they left.......Looks like they took good care in loading and prep....
So, how long will you be without driving her? She is looking so good with your recent mods.....

I'm going on day 13 without driving.....[:@][:@] Damn F****D up knee........And my Shelby spoiler is supposed to be here today![:@]

Thanks for sharing,
Mike

Old 06-16-2007, 01:14 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

The good thing about shipping her like that is she will be very happy to see you again when you are reunited.

What did it cost to ship her cross country?
Old 06-16-2007, 01:45 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Looks like a professional outfit you chose, dedicated to auto transport, looks much better than OEM shippers,.....good choice. Rest easy. You'll have her back before you know it!
Old 06-16-2007, 02:26 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I am STANG-less... :(

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Great Pics Man....The only pic missing is you waving good-bye as they left.......Looks like they took good care in loading and prep....
So, how long will you be without driving her? She is looking so good with your recent mods.....

I'm going on day 13 without driving.....[:@][:@] Damn F****D up knee........And my Shelby spoiler is supposed to be here today![:@]

Thanks for sharing,
Mike
Thanks Mike, I'll say I'll be without her for about 15 days or so. I don't arrive to Washington State until 29 Jun. I am driving cross-countrywhiledriving my 2004 Expedition while doing the U-haul thing with thea family of four and dog. I have a scheduled stop at Minot, ND to see my brother-in-law who is stationed at someAir Force base up there.In the meantime, I'll be salivatingeverytime a stang passes me on the hwy...[:@]

Get well BTW.

ORIGINAL: BAMFstang

The good thing about shipping her like that is she will be very happy to see you again when you are reunited.

What did it cost to ship her cross country?
Cost...I thought I mentioned that, but I didn't. It was $2,000 from coast-to-coast. Fully insured by the carrier, etc, etc. Yes, I could have shipped it for less than that, but remember the old saying...you get what you paid for.

ORIGINAL: hogpowr

Looks like a professional outfit you chose, dedicated to auto transport, looks much better than OEM shippers,.....good choice. Rest easy. You'll have her back before you know it!
You are soo right...like everything else we Stangers do...I did a great deal of research before booking with this company. Again, well see on the other end. I'll post an update. Thanks folks.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:40 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

milatary pays for some of that right? Cost of moving?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:48 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

I don't arrive to Washington State until 29 Jun
WELCOME TO THE LEFT COAST!!!

Mike
Old 06-16-2007, 05:04 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probinator

milatary pays for some of that right? Cost of moving?
Nope, not for shipping my stang. That one is on my own. I'll be entitled to Travel Pay, but its never a true reimbursement of all what it cost to move from one place to another. It does help tho.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:06 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

I don't arrive to Washington State until 29 Jun
WELCOME TO THE LEFT COAST!!!

Mike
Left coast...that's a good one. Actually, it's more like welcome back. I was stationed at Washington state from 2002-2004. I guess I did not get it right the first time, so I am going back to the Evergreen State.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

BUMP for a happy update!

Quick Reply: I am Mustang-less... :( (UPDATED!)