Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby Spoiler Arrived...Edit**INSTALL PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:10 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby Spoiler Arrived...

Hey Mike, your car looked nice and clean without a spoiler but now it looks mean, and mean is better. Your car looks very complete now.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

*********I HAVE ONE TOO*****************

You beat me to the post. I just received one for mine as well : )
Very happy with quality and very happy with the look!
Two problems I ran into

#1 ) Mine did not line up with factory holes! The center holes were about 1/2 in off.

#2) There are also two holes on the ends that need to be drilled into the trunk. Problem here is that they come out odd on the bottom of the trunk lid.
They go through the outer trunk lid, then through about 1/2 in of empty space then through metal again. Makes it hard to get the screw in, but it is very possible to do.

Thing I liked the best was the "lip" that falls over the back of the trunk. Makes it fit well and look smooth.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:41 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Hey Mike, your car looked nice and clean without a spoiler but now it looks mean, and mean is better. Your car looks very complete now.
Thanks Jack, appreciate it. Now I gotta get that superstripe over it, and get it re-installed. I was really surprised what a change in look this spoiler brings....very pleased....Thanks again...

*********I HAVE ONE TOO*****************

You beat me to the post. I just received one for mine as well : )
Very happy with quality and very happy with the look!
Two problems I ran into

#1 ) Mine did not line up with factory holes! The center holes were about 1/2 in off.

#2) There are also two holes on the ends that need to be drilled into the trunk. Problem here is that they come out odd on the bottom of the trunk lid.
They go through the outer trunk lid, then through about 1/2 in of empty space then through metal again. Makes it hard to get the screw in, but it is very possible to do.

Thing I liked the best was the "lip" that falls over the back of the trunk. Makes it fit well and look smooth.
Any pics of your install? I'd love to see it. Sorry to hear about the alignment of the factory holes. As far as the outer two holes, I really don't believe they are necessary when replacing a factory wing. I can see using them if there was not a factory wing, but using two of the factory four bolts, plus the 3M tape is more than sufficient, I think, for install. This wing is very light.....I also agree with you how the trailing edge kinda locks over the trunk edge. Should make for very easy alignment, and sanitary install.....

Mike

Old 06-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

I'll be out of town today, but I will try to get you a picture.
Only reason I put the two on the outside was that it seemed to need to be pulled down on the sides to meet the trunk lid.

Also bought a spoiler from this place for my wifes saturn a few months ago and it has holding up perfect!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:11 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I've got it too!

This spoiler has become what the Saleen spoiler was on the Fox's.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:43 AM
chronism
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

ORIGINAL: chronism

I'm glad I came across this thread, gonna pick one up myself. How long did it take to receive the spoiler? How hard is it to remove the OEM and install the Shelby?

Looks great BTW!
I ordered on the 4th, and received it today the 16th. The OEM is not too bad to remove, just 4 bolts, and heat up the adhesive pad with a blow dryer. Cut through the adhesive with some fishing line, and pop it off....Remove the residual sticky with some Goof Off.....The Shelby spoiler is not permanently installed yet, gotta stripe it. But it installs super easy, two of the factory bolts, and pre-applied 3M tape....

Mike
Wow, talk about quick turnaround. I ordered Sunday night, it shipped yesterday with an ETA of tomorrow! I just hope I get the same quality product you got with such a quick job.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:52 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Wow that looks great! Ducktails are pretty badass.....I alsoreally like this spoiler next to my cervinis one. Maybe for that price of 190 I'll buy one and just switch if i ever get bored.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:42 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

hey when did you get rid of the saleen window accents?

Did you have to drill new holes?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:53 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

i have one 2, but you beat me on the price, lucky bastard. jm
looks real nice. i was lucky and my factory holes lined up with the shelby holes. so no drilling for mine
Old 06-21-2007, 02:48 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

+1 on the B***H, to get off! Igot mine last week, Looks much better than the factory one. Sorry, I need to get a new sig pic, it still shows the old spoiler.

Quick Reply: Shelby Spoiler Arrived...Edit**INSTALL PICS