Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing part in my Kenne Bell Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Default Missing part in my Kenne Bell Kit!

I'm usually a nice guy, but I am pissed, totally disappointed, majorly frustrated! I ordered my Kenne Bell kit a week and a half ago, and I paid a lot extra for second day air shipping to have it for this weekend. Got the kit Friday afternoon, all was well until this afternoon as I was nearing completion of the install, I was just about to mount the compressor on top of the manifold and the adapter plate that goes between the manifold and the supercharger was missing. This totally sucks! I was gonna be done with the install tonight and be able drive the car on Father's Day. Now I gotta wait until they ship me the part. I just want to scream! OK. I'm done ranting. Any one else had this kind of problem with KB?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:43 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Missing part in my Kenne Bell Kit!

sorry about that, i know i'd be frustrated and
crushed as well

have you been taking any pics.....if so post 'em up.....
Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

No pics on the install process, It takes a whole lot of hours just to do the install, I just didn't have the time to stage pics. I'm a busy guy and my wife gave me special grace for Father's day weekend to do the install. So I was a-holes and elbows trying to get it done before Sunday. I will post pics of the completed install when it's done.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:17 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

I did not have an adaptor plate on my 2.4 kit, just lots of black RTV goop...
Old 06-18-2007, 04:54 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Dave, What holds the supercharger to the manifold--RTV sealant? How is that possible? On my kit, the instructions clearly show what appears to be a stamped steel adapter plate maybe about 1/4" thick that bolts to the bottom of the supercharger with flat recessed bolts, This plate is wider than the base of the supercharger unit and ithas holes forbolts that holdthe superchargerto the manifold. My kit did not have it and I definately need it!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:55 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Wow, I think what you are talking about came pre-assembled on my supercharger. I have a bottom view with what appeared to be a bunch of allen screws holding your missing plate to the body?

[IMG]local://upfiles/35567/1DE04C73EC4F44E7B3D18AE9486A63E7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/35567/0716E911B86A4A1F9D17B66321250499.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigDave

Wow, I think what you are talking about came pre-assembled on my supercharger. I have a bottom view with what appeared to be a bunch of allen screws holding your missing plate to the body?

[IMG]local://upfiles/35567/1DE04C73EC4F44E7B3D18AE9486A63E7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/35567/0716E911B86A4A1F9D17B66321250499.jpg[/IMG]
Yep, That's the missing part, they call it the discharge plate. How could they forget that? Duhhh! Spoke with the sales guy today (Vince), he can't figure out how it got past three people and got shipped without it. I told him I didn't care about that, I just wanted it shipped overnight without delay. Freakin boneheads make me nuts, not even an apology, made me feel guilty, like I was tryin to get free parts or something. I definately will be writing a letter to the owner about this snafu. It cost me $350 for 2nd day air shipping, And this my friend is no way to treat a customer who just spent $6000.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:28 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Let me know how the SC works, from past post I think you live in Colorado Springs, I happen to live in Denver, my car is an exact twin to yours with the exception of the hood scoop. Really curious how the SC is going to work in the thin air, also did you have to purchase or update your tune. One of these days I will try to figure out how to get pics of my car on my signature.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:18 PM
walkerwde

That really sucks I would be pissed also. I live in Salt Lake City at 4500 ft. above sea level and my Kenne Bell runs awesome on the stock tune. Did either of you have trouble understanding the instructions on how the vacum hoses all went together? I really hope they have updated the instruction book on those because in my instructions it was very confusing. I even called them and had them pull out the instructions and they couldn't tell me what went where, they had to go look at their car. I'm still not totally convinced it's hooked up correct.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

STS missed a peice in my kit but i live 45 minutes away so it was so biggie. sorry bro, im impatient when it comes to my car.

Quick Reply: Missing part in my Kenne Bell Kit!