Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

God I hate car salesmen

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:11 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: God I hate car salesmen

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

look I don't really see what the problem was? I certainly woulda been ticked if I was in nanaki's shoes ... but... BUT you gotta realize how many people want nothing more than a joyride - I'm pretty sure most dealership's have a policy to not let someone test drive a high performance limited production car unless their certain the person has the funds or maybe even not at all!
So if i go to the delaership to test drive a high performance car, do I need to fill out an application? Do I need to get a note from my mommy saying it's OK? Do I need to sign my life away just to sit in it? I agree that you should try to separate the joy riders from the serious drivers. But since nanaki is a return customer, I think they should have let him drive the darn car especially since his car was there at the dealer parking lot. I am sure the salesman was going to be glued to the car with him during the test drive.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:19 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

well said! they let me take the 04 GT out on my own when i went for a test drive in that.

05GrayGT, fix your sig. it says Shacker 500.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

yeah im 17 no license and i couldnt even test drive an C6 Corvette =\ they're mean.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:18 PM
wondercoolguy
1st Gear Member

Here's my horror story

I went down to the local ford dealership near me. With the intent of buying a 2005 black gt ford mustang. This young sales guy (Im only 24) comes walking up to me and with a big smile askes me what I was here to look at. I told him I want a 2005 black mustang gt. He replies well were sold out and no one has any around here. (to which he was right I was looking to order) I asked him if I could look at some of the v6 just to get my hands on a new mustang just to touch *drools*. He stated that they didn't have any of those either but they had a nice stock of 2004 mustangs. I replied that I totally dispised that body style didn't want anything to do with it. The next thing I know he's got me in a 2004 mustang test driving down the free way. He asked me if I liked I told him no because it wasn't a 2005 mustang. He replied with well you could buy this car now and make payments for a year and then pick a 2006 mustang. I replied with I want a 2005 and not a 2004, or 2006. He continued how this 2004 mustang kicks butt. We get back to the dealership and after 15 mins of me bashing the 99-04 body style (my preference deal with it) on the free way, we get out of the car and he asked me what kinda finiacing did I want. I didn't answer him got into my 97 black convertible mustang and left never to return to that horrible place. I hate that guy I hope he dies in a wreck with a 2004 mustang
Old 01-07-2005, 04:23 PM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I hate them too! I had to call Ford and complain about my dealer becuase in my contract it says that I get stripes added to my car at no change and they still havnt ordered them. On top of that the carpet is pulling up, trunk liner is falling in the paint is flaking off and there is some overspray on it as well.

I'm have to wait for them to add the stripes before they will do the warranty work. % weeks and counting (only had the car 6). They never return calls, say they will call back in 10 min and never do![:@]

BTW: I could have gotten a 2004 Cobra for a little more than my 05 GT. So I dont know why they gave you such a cold shoulder.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:07 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

Default That is how it goes

if you ask me its all a matter of where you go to..the place i go to in randolph, nj where i ordred my stang was extremely nice..the reason people pressure you to get a car is this...they dont care what you drive..you could leave there in a cardbox box on wheels as long as you gave money for it...they make their commision and that is that...$$$ makes the world go round

2005 mustang v6 5 speed manual trans
metallic sonic blue, 16 inch wheels with spinners..wing, racing stripes
black leather interior..shaker 1000 audio system..interior upgrade package
expected delivery sometime in March hopefully
Old 01-17-2005, 12:44 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: That is how it goes

at least you got your 2005 in a pretty color.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:43 PM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

The dealership i went to was really cool. All the other ones in my area are charging $2000-$6000 more for the '05s but not mine. They were very apologetic about not having a GT for me to test drive, but I was able to test drive one at a different dealer. When I asked why no mark up they said by not marking up the cars they are getting more customers. Almost all the '05 Mustangs on the lot sell within 24 hours of arriving. I watched two Mustangs (both V6) get sold while I was ordering my '05 GT, and I was at the dealer for only 45 minutes.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:06 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

That sucks man. I can understand how they'd be worried about you taking the cobra out, but if you bought your car there, they should be a little more understanding. Even if they went with you to test drive it, which I'm sure they would have, they still should have let you drive it anyways. Especially if you were really interested in it.

Dealers suck, but I guess that's life.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:02 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Wait a minute, did you all see the video of those guys who take out a used 03 Cobra for a joy ride with the salesman in it? The totally ragged on this car the entire time. Here's what you do to avoid any crappy experiences at the dealership. Number 1: Get a pre-approved letter or check from your bank. This gives you the buying power without them trying to finance you and ripping you off there. Number 2: If you plan on trading in your car, take it to CarMax and get a free estimate. This will also give you leverage when you go to trade it in because here is where the dealers really rape you.

Also with the pre-approval letter, you will have no problems test driving that Cobra. Granted, the guy was an *** and he pre-judged you based on how young you looked or whatever his impression was. But armed with a pre-approval letter you can whip it out and say, look, I'm going to take my business to salesman B over there because you obviously don't want to make any money today. Then you walk over to another sales guy and show him your letter. You have to remember, you'd get this treatment if you went to buy a Vette or any other high priced sports car. So don't fight the game, just play it by your rules.

Good luck on the '05, or the Cobra man.

Quick Reply: God I hate car salesmen