MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   No test drives! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/30619-no-test-drives.html)

Birdieman4 01-11-2005 02:01 PM

RE: No test drives!

I'll tell you what, when I was in college I sold cars as a side job. I hated it. The main reason I hated it was because to make a lot of $, you had to be shady. All the car salesmen that I saw that made a lot of $ were this way. I noticed they lied all the time to make a deal. Getting together on a break, all the salesmen would talk about how they were able to 'squeeze' $ out of ignorant, potential buyers. They would talk about how they would take advantage of people for all they could. They would talk about the clueless gals that would come on the lot and buy a car, and how they would work them over. It's really sad. I hated this environment. I hated the fact that I had to be shady to make decent $. -And thats what the dealership's head guy wanted. -Anything to sell more cars, he didn't care in the slightest. now a days, I'm the guy that friends call when they are going to buy a car. I often go with them to the dealerships and assist them with the buying process. The sales people at the dealerships hate me for doing this, as well as the sales manager. I often deal with the sales mgr directly. After the first rejected offer, instead of the salesperson taking the worksheet to the sales mgr, I usually hand carry it to his office personally, with the salesperson trailing behind me saying, " let me take care of this; head back to the booth. I'll get you a good deal." I don't mind getting nasty with a salesperson or sales mgr if they are rude. What really pisses salespeople off is requesting a new salesperson if you're not getting along with the person at hand. You can do this, and its the right thing to do if you are getting friction dealing with another salesperson. -Or better yet, ask to deal directly with the sales mgr.

T_stang 01-11-2005 09:05 PM

I agree about the Ford dealerships ...... This one in Union City SUCKS they wont even hardly look at you and forget them returning your calls ..... like they dont really care about you unless you got cash money are a good , good credit score :-( it sucks cause not every one has a perfect credit score [&:]

DeViouS 01-12-2005 02:53 AM

the sales men who end up selling fords r high school drop outs thats why. MB isnt goin to hire a drop out ;) i know my dad tells me how stupid some of his dealers r at his ford dealership [&:]

mustangfreak88 01-12-2005 03:59 PM

does anyone in here know how i can email dodge to b!tch about the new charger??? i got a car magizine last night with the new charger in it, and they said that so far they have recieved at least 10,000 emails and letters from charger fans saying that the dodge charger should have been a COUPE not a crappy 4-door. well, let me know or email me at patckc88@aol.com, or hit me up on aim. thanks

Phillyblunt474 01-12-2005 09:26 PM

when i first started buying cars, i always got treated like crap. Then as i got older i learned to stand up and walk away. Now when buying cars I pay full upfront (really good deals come like this). So when im researching on the cars i like i learn EVERYTHING there is. When i go to the dealer im already a expert on the vehicle. I usally just ask the sales person questions to see if he will get em right. Ive auctally left and came back the next day to talk to a differnt sales person to find one that knew what he was talking about. Also when i pay upfront it really help me out. I usally keep pushing the salesmen to keep going lower, and the salesperson and mgr usally will, sinceim paying in full on spot. Dont be afraid to do it your self, get up and walk away, if they really want the sale, they should go on your terms not push you into theirs.

C/Note 01-13-2005 06:48 PM

just buy it cash ..no hassells...;)

Jimmz 01-14-2005 02:37 AM

Yeah all dealerships are like that. When I go to the dealership they alwasy give me a hard time cuz Im only 18. They try to charge me all the time and I have the warranty that covers everything. One time one of the badges on my fenders snapped off. I went to the dealership and they told me they had to take digital pics and send them to ford to see if they could replace them. I told my mom and she called, the next day I went there and they gave it to me. I went there at like 10:00 am and they said it would be done by 4:00 pm. When my dad came to pick me up he went in there and they took 15 min to put it on. F***ERS!!!

broke88 01-14-2005 10:58 AM

geesh man they are _ricks!!!!!!! Kudos to your parents

broke88

Leseetsa 01-14-2005 09:37 PM

I contacted the owner of a Ford dealership from online and he gave me a quote below MSRP and scheduled a test drive. I came in, had a test drive and left. Yeah, they tried to talk me into an automatic but that's not what I want. Dealer said he could order what I want it and it would take 6 to 10 weeks. There are no manual V6s around here to test drive!

If you schedule a test drive online, they can't see WHO you are!! I'm a 52 year old woman and never felt as powerful in a dealership as I did with all the help I got online before I went in. I knew more about the car than the salesman. Plus, I will have a broker finish my work... all I need the dealer for is to test drive it and pick it up.

1fast05GT 01-15-2005 07:05 PM

Regardless of the brand you'll always find crappy dealerships. They all want to sell the cars and make as much as they can get away with. Most luxury dealerships are pretty good only if you are dressed properly.