Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Crappy Car Salesman Payback...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 11:43 PM
NinoAvila

Default My Crappy Car Salesman Payback...

I went in to a local dealership and didn't have long to stay. I was up front with the sales guy about this and told him I wanted to see about a 2k5 Mustang. How much were they, what was the ordering process and the possibility of a trade-in. He told me that he was going to go off and find some information for me. He came back about 4 mins later and said "Can I just have your name and number, I'll have to call you to give you some more information" I told him that I was interested in a trade in and asked what the process for that was and he seemed like he was just in a real big hurry. Once he saw that I wasn't going to buy RIGHT THEN AND THERE, he changed his attitude and just seemed like he was goign to do the bare minimum to be courteous. He said "You'll have to come in when you have some time to speak to someone about that." He said he would call me Monday about coming back in or just to give me more information about what I was looking for. He hurridly shook my hand and walked off. I did get a call 4 days later (I went in on Sat. and he called Wed.).

I am emailing this little picture to the sales manager. Kind of a "See, I told you so...".

Click here for pic

-Nino
Old 01-18-2005, 12:01 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My Crappy Car Salesman Payback...

[sm=owned.gif] Awesome. I'm glad you got your stang. It looks really sharp. Good luck w/ it. And be sure to tell us the dealers response.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:07 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

hahahaha! that's the best thing ever! what you shoulda done was drive to the dealership in your new stang and show it to him. "see? i wanted YOU to sell me this, but you were in such a rush to not talk to me, so i took my business elsewhere"
Old 01-18-2005, 12:10 AM
NinoAvila

ORIGINAL: nanaki

hahahaha! that's the best thing ever! what you shoulda done was drive to the dealership in your new stang and show it to him. "see? i wanted YOU to sell me this, but you were in such a rush to not talk to me, so i took my business elsewhere"
I seriously considered it. I figured, there was NO mistaking whos Mustang this was with a copy of the Purchase Order and all. Now that I think about it though, all they had to do is get a look at the dealer-plate in the back with my name on it. Dang!!

-N
Old 01-18-2005, 01:29 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Never, ever tell a dealership you have a trade in until you finalize the lowest price, then spring the trade-in on them and laugh when you get the car even cheaper. [8D]
Old 01-18-2005, 01:40 AM
2001_SaleenS281_08
5th Gear Member

that is awesome!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:26 AM
onebadgt

Hey that's great that you're letting that lousy saleman know what a dumbass he was for not giving you the attention you deserved. I have to say though after looking at your bill of sale I think you paid a bit much. I just bought the exact same car as yours two weeks ago except mine is red and came with Ford Racing aftermarket chrome wheels, Steada lowering springs and custom window tinting for only $27,500. And no... I don't know anybody there or have an uncle that works for Ford.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:45 PM
NinoAvila

ORIGINAL: onebadgt

Hey that's great that you're letting that lousy saleman know what a dumbass he was for not giving you the attention you deserved. I have to say though after looking at your bill of sale I think you paid a bit much. I just bought the exact same car as yours two weeks ago except mine is red and came with Ford Racing aftermarket chrome wheels, Steada lowering springs and custom window tinting for only $27,500. And no... I don't know anybody there or have an uncle that works for Ford.
Yeah, but you don't live in the "*** crack" of the US where they charge an arm and a leg for decent vehicles. We get every cool trend late and pay extra for them. We're not all lucky enough to get great deals. The nearest "large town" from Edinburg, Texas is San Antonio and that's about 4 hours away. I shopped locally. When and IF they had GT's they sold The ones that didn't sell that I saw were Autos. I didn't want to order because the interior upgrade is no longer an option....etc

-Nino
Old 01-18-2005, 11:02 PM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

congrates and I am so happy that you are getting this salesman back! He deserves it!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:08 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

[sm=hail.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=owned.gif]

Quick Reply: My Crappy Car Salesman Payback...