Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GlassBack or Sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
rslaurie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GlassBack or Sunroof?

ORIGINAL: FergieGT07

I agree, nicer but quite the pain to take the car out of town to get it done. I had a shop local (Florida Automotive Restyling) do my roof and custon two tone leather interior in ONE DAY! Dropped it off on a friday morning and picker her up the next day at 3. No regrets here with the glassback, none at all.
Really!? They let you pick it up the next day? I was told it needed to sit a couple of days after the work was done for the sealant/adhesive to cure.

Love the look of the GlassBack.

Has anyone had any issues with thier insurance because of it? Is there a rider that should be added to the policy for the roof?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:19 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rslaurie

I agree, nicer but quite the pain to take the car out of town to get it done. I had a shop local (Florida Automotive Restyling) do my roof and custon two tone leather interior in ONE DAY! Dropped it off on a friday morning and picker her up the next day at 3. No regrets here with the glassback, none at all.
Really!? They let you pick it up the next day? I was told it needed to sit a couple of days after the work was done for the sealant/adhesive to cure.

Has anyone had any issues with thier insurance because of it? Is there a rider that should be added to the policy for the roof?
My understand is it takes about 4 hours to install and then the car has to set for 24 hours for the epoxy to cure... so if you drop it early in the morning, you should be able to pick it up late the next day...

The glassback has gone through all the crash testing and meet the federal standards.. so insurance should not be an issue... key words are "should not" LOL
Old 06-22-2007, 01:28 PM
rslaurie
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

My understand is it takes about 4 hours to install and then the car has to set for 24 hours for the epoxy to cure... so if you drop it early in the morning, you should be able to pick it up late the next day...

The glassback has gone through all the crash testing and meet the federal standards.. so insurance should not be an issue... key words are "should not" LOL
I just thought that with the roof being such an expensive addition they might say it needs a special fee to cover the roof. Like for house insurance, if there is something of significant value in the house you need additional insurance. Still getting the roof, it just looks too good, just want to cover all the bases.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:10 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

I just thought that with the roof being such an expensive addition they might say it needs a special fee to cover the roof. Like for house insurance, if there is something of significant value in the house you need additional insurance. Still getting the roof, it just looks to good, just want to cover all the bases.
Got ya... Best bet is to check with your insurance agent as it varies from company to company.. I asked my agent about my mods and was told as long as I had receipts and the mod was not a safety issue than my mods would be covered with no increase int he premium... I asked him "Even if I put $5,000 wheels on?" He said, "Yep, it's covered" He even called the underwriter to satisfy me! LOL! BTW... I have State Farm...
Old 06-23-2007, 02:09 AM
FergieGT07
1st Gear Member

I have pics of the procedure if anyone wants me to email them. Pic of a gang of sand bags on the roof. Oh and the giant hole cut out of a brand new roof!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:28 PM
rslaurie
1st Gear Member

I would love to see some more pics of the process. Have you seen scrmings pics. His link is in an earlier post. Please send me pics or post a link to where you have them. I called and they said the kit should be in next week, maybe Wednesday. I could stay and watch if I liked. Don't know if I can get off of work though.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 PM
rslaurie
1st Gear Member

Well, it is finally done. The roof is on, and boy is it nice! I let them have my car while I was on vacation in case the part came in and it did. The called while I was still out of town to say it is done. I picked it up on Monday. Wow, takes some getting used to the sun shining in.

The weather has been too crappy this week. I will take some pics this weekend and post. [sm=burnout.gif] [sm=burnout.gif]
Old 07-20-2007, 11:54 AM
RDinco11

I have the Glassback and it is amazing. it really makes the top of your car look sweet with the black tinted glass for mine at least b/c of satin silver. but the best part is the third brake light. it is built into the back of the glass roof and in really wide across the roof. idk if you can have it with the back louvers like you have but if you have the money get it b/c everyone asks about it. sometimes people even wait at my car while im in a store unitl i come out to leave to ask about it. its very unique and not many people have it. the only thing is that the inside of your car does get hotter while sitting in the sun but put the windows down when you get in and in a min. you will be fine. heres pics www.glassbackroof.com mines on there but theres a couple more in different colors to look at too.