Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people just don't get it!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Railrider
2nd Gear Member

Default Some people just don't get it!!!!!

I just ordered a set of roush rear spring for my 05 GT, I was excited to get them installed yesterday and had arranged a nice garage to put them on so.............[/align]I take my car over to a friends house to do the spring swap, I get the car up on stands and remove the rear wheels, Get out the toolbox and I'm ready to go to work when...........His 7 year old son comes out grabs my roush springs and starts throwing them up in the air!!!!Bouncing them off the concrete floor!! I tell him to stop and get a SH!TTY look from his dad!!! Then he starts doing hot laps around my Mustang on his F*&%king bicycle with very little room for error. OMFG!!! I was so PI$$ED i just packed my stuff up and left without doing the swap, Glad to be gone without getting a scratch or a dent on my car! I could not believe the utter disregard for my personal property. I have helped out this guy several times with mechanic work in the past, He is mechanically challenged, but I don't think I will be asking for any help from him in the future. Some people just don't get it!! IT'S A MUSTANG, Not your wifes minivan or your old beat up P.O.S. Pickup!![/align]
[/align]
Old 06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Some people just don't get it!!!!!

Good call. I would have bailed too. Next time this guy needs help on something you should come over to his place and start throwing his stuff around. See how he likes it.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ha wow. u said he was ur friend??? why the hell would he let his kid throw those springs around. u did the right thing! eff that guy haha
Old 06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

oh, my dad gets this evil look when any younger kid is jumpin around his 66'Chevelle at a car show, i usted to just laugh but now if someone does that around my car i get that nervous look too
Old 06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I think we can all relate to the tension that a kid zooming around our cars on a bike might cause. I'm surprised your buddy wasn't more respectful after the initial spring incident. I would've probably let the kids know that for their own safety (and for the car owner's sanity) this was not only a place for adults only, but not agood place for kids to be playing. I know I wouldn't want any of my kids around a vehicle on ramps.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:49 PM
laredotexas
1st Gear Member

Next time he ask you for something.. throw his kid on the air until he gets upset... j/k

Where I used to live a kid did damage my old MZ3.. the car was two weeks old...
Old 06-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Railrider, It should not matter if it was your Mustang or your POS truck (if you have one). The key is, it is YOURS. The dad should have taught the son respect for other people's things. Also respect in general. 7 years old is not too young. I have an 8-year-old daughter, and we teach her respectof others and property..

I think you are seeing the whole "kids are way to spoiled" thing. Parents do not need to give their kids anything and everything they want.

Sorry about the rant.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Railrider
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Leoleo

Railrider, It should not matter if it was your Mustang or your POS truck (if you have one). The key is, it is YOURS. The dad should have taught the son respect for other people's things. Also respect in general. 7 years old is not too young. I have an 8-year-old daughter, and we teach her respectof others and property..

I think you are seeing the whole "kids are way to spoiled" thing. Parents do not need to give their kids anything and everything they want.

Sorry about the rant.
I agree totally!! You would think he would know better, He has 4, YES I SAID 4! other kids and he's only 26 years old, plus he has 15 dogs, and the child in question is the oldest. I have two kids myself and they know to STAY AWAY from my car and the wife's under threat of death...Or at least severe bodily harm! Some people just PI$$ me off. And "laredotexas" I would have went Head-Hunting!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:13 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i wouldn't hold anything against the dad in this case, most
likely he has little control over the brat and didn't want the
embarrassment of the kid ignoring his commands......

next time let it be clear up front, that you want to work
in his garage without any distractions.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Hey Leoleo you hit the nail on the head you have to teach them to not only respect people and property but to be careful with others property. I have 2 kids and when they were old enough to start opening their owncar doorsI told them to look out the window and make sure they dont hitthe doors of other cars, they are 14 and 12 now and they are always vigil of what is next to them when they open their doors. That is my biggest pet peev whenpeoples kids act like spolied out of controlbrats and the parents have no control off them, sometimes I feel like smaking the parents and telling the to act like adult and handle there kids OHH BOY drives me crazy you did the right thing by leaving I would have told my buddy if he could grab me a water in the house and when he left I would have back-handed his kid J/K good luck and post pictures when you install the kit

[IMG]local://upfiles/67105/7EF8E88166DC4071B84C9CED48267F76.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Some people just don't get it!!!!!