Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions please! Help me mod (appearance) my car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 02:32 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Default Opinions please! Help me mod (appearance) my car...

So, I'm looking at my car, andI keep thinking "it needs something", but I'm not sure what. Current appearance mods are:

- rear blackout panel
- foglight blackout overlays (showlenses.com)
-body colormirrorcovers (midwestautogear.com)
- 3M Clear Bra front end

I'm open to any suggestions, but a few notes:

- can't do stripes because of the clear bra
- can't spend more than $400 or so on any single mod (rules out new front/rear bumper I think)
- I prefer the spoiler delete, although I could be persuaded otherwise.
- not sure I like the foglight blackout - sometimes I do sometimesI don't.I just think the front end need something - stock it looks kinda generic.

Mods I'm considering:

- CDC Classic Chin Spoiler -I haven't seen enough of these in person to make a decision. In pictures, sometimes I like it, other times it looks like the stang has a beard.
- Billet Grill - I definitely want to keep the pony and fogs. Again, haven't seen enough of these in person to know. I kinda like the contrast of the black stock grill with the windveil blue, but I've been thinking a billet grill with the blackout fogs might look pretty cool.
- Billet gas cover (Silverhorseracing.com) - love it, but expensive for such a minor mod.
- Window tint - would love 20%, but legal here in NC is 35% (don't feel like getting pulled over, so don't bother suggesting 20% please). I'm just not sure 35% is dark enough to make a difference as far as looking cool.
- Anything else you guys might come up with.

Please chime in with your thoughts on the current look and what you think it needs, if anything. Here's a couple recent pics (including pic in my signature):

Old 06-23-2007, 02:46 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Opinions please! Help me mod (appearance) my car...

ORIGINAL: richmod

So, I'm looking at my car, andI keep thinking "it needs something", but I'm not sure what. Current appearance mods are:

- rear blackout panel
- foglight blackout overlays (showlenses.com)
- rear view mirrorcovers (midwestautogear.com)
- 3M Clear Bra front end

I'm open to any suggestions, but a few notes:

- can't do stripes because of the clear bra
- can't spend more than $400 or so on any single mod (rules out new front/rear bumper I think)
- I prefer the spoiler delete, although I could be persuaded otherwise.
- not sure I like the foglight blackout - sometimes I do sometimesI don't.I just think the front end need something - stock it looks kinda generic.

Mods I'm considering:

- CDC Classic Chin Spoiler -I haven't seen enough of these in person to make a decision. In pictures, sometimes I like it, other times it looks like the stang has a beard.
- Billet Grill - I definitely want to keep the pony and fogs. Again, haven't seen enough of these in person to know. I kinda like the contrast of the black stock grill with the windveil blue, but I've been thinking a billet grill with the blackout fogs might look pretty cool.
- Billet gas cover (Silverhorseracing.com) - love it, but expensive for such a minor mod.
- Window tint - would love 20%, but legal here in NC is 35% (don't feel like getting pulled over, so don't bother suggesting 20% please). I'm just not sure 35% is dark enough to make a difference as far as looking cool.
- Anything else ou guys might come up with

Please chime in with your thoughts on the currect look and what you think it needs, if anything. Here's a couple recent pics (including pic in my signature):

dude your car looks really sweet and clean now. if you were going to go chin spoiler, dont go anymore than the classic. IMO, agressive might be too much without a spoiler. In fact I dont know how it would look without the spoiler and a chin spoiler....I just went to ponybuilder.com and played around with your color concept and I still dont know about the chin spoiler with a spoiler delete....JMO....if you are set on changing the grille: get the black chrome inserts. They set your foglights in little more so they dont appear to stick out so much, yet they make the grille pop a little without too much bling on your windeveil blue car. Now if you are going to go with billet anything. How about changing out your fake rear gas cap with a billet flip down chrome one from silverhorseracing.com: again you can go billet chrome or black anodized...either one will look sharp on your car,,, here is a link
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=255
www.ponybuilder.com
good link to mess with your cars look and add and and delete things as well as get a cost estimate on your mods...your car just looks so clean, I personally would not do anything too much just because of that. other things...hope this helps...TJ
Old 06-23-2007, 03:08 PM
BigByrne12

I think your car looks pretty awesome, [sm=smiley20.gif]just my opinion though
Old 06-23-2007, 03:16 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I highly doubt you will be pulled over since you are allowed 35%....IN is only 35% but i put 20% on with no problems whatsoever....It will look very good also, I agree 35% is very light. I also agree with the above about chin spoiler. I would say no to the foglight tint since you are debating it anyway.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Got to love those Windveils :-) They are a tough color - cause they look so damnclassy without anything - but whatever you add just makes it pop... Can you tell my GT is a Windveil?

How about the sequential tail-lights - they are very cool and were our fist mod... (altho you have a few under your beltalready).[sm=bling.gif]

The blackout panel is interesting! If you are going with a blue and black retro theme you can add windveil or black 1/4 louvers...

I'd remove the dealer sticker carefully (I don't know why they bother me so much!!!)[:'(]

Someone posted a pic yesterday of their car with and without a chin spoiler - I have to say, looked mighty fine with it!

Good luck and I know I didn't offer any great shakes here - but you'll get lots of help!!! Just make sure you let us know what you plan to do or give us pics when it's done!

We're getting stripes next week! I am soooo excited!

You'll do great! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-23-2007, 06:40 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Paint the mirrors. If you do the mirrors do the window trim too. It should look really nice with your color.

Shorten or even better remove the stock antenna.

Smoked corners/sides to match your fog lights.

Lower it.

Agree with the other guys about the spoilers. I likethe clean look of your car. I'd keep the spoilers, wings, louvers, and scoops off.

I have 38% on my side windows and 28% on my three rears.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:18 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I'd tint the windows 20% rear windows, 35% front windows, lower it, paint the entire mirror WB (imo light colors look best when the entire mirror is painted), get short antenna, and remove the dark driving light covers (I don't like them jmo) I hear ya being on a mod budget but you can do the windows for around $130, antennas $14, get the mirrors painted for around $50 you sand them...then do the springs another time.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:22 PM
06GTGIRL
2nd Gear Member

Window tint and sequential tail lights. Either way your car still looks great!
Old 06-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

1) Get the avs/moss motors slotted tail-light covers. The covers really help to tie in the tail-panel to the rear lights.
2) Clear corner lights for the front. bumper and rear sides
3) Silverhorse racing window louvers
4) A shorty antenna
Old 06-23-2007, 08:07 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

black boss stripes

Quick Reply: Opinions please! Help me mod (appearance) my car...