Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has a gtech?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 11:09 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default who has a gtech?

I'm considering picking up a gtech as an alternative to driving about 80 miles each way to Moroso and getting about one run per hour because of all the 16.5sec dial-in hondas clogging up the track, plus the everpresent threat of a rainout in West Palm...anyone have one and what's your opinion on them? I guess I'd really only use the 0-60 and 1/4 mile features...I know someone mentioned a gtech somewhere on the forum and I asked them about it but I can't find the damn post...
Thanks for the input.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: who has a gtech?

This has been posted about many times. And I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone. I have an older version, and it is very reproducable and also veryaccurate, if you can provide an accurate weight for the car, and I don't mean from the door sticker, I mean if you have access to a truck scale and can weigh your car as you will be testing it.

The other thing I will say is that it's not as easy as you think finding a perfectly flat road with little traffic to conduct you tests, at least not where I live.

If you can provide those two things, it is an excellent tool. You will definitely see the changes in launching and shifting and also in tuning and bolting on incrementally. I recommend it.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Default RE: who has a gtech?

ORIGINAL: Rt1Rebel

This has been posted about many times. And I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone. I have an older version, and it is very reproducable and also veryaccurate, if you can provide an accurate weight for the car, and I don't mean from the door sticker, I mean if you have access to a truck scale and can weigh your car as you will be testing it.

The other thing I will say is that it's not as easy as you think finding a perfectly flat road with little traffic to conduct you tests, at least not where I live.

If you can provide those two things, it is an excellent tool. You will definitely see the changes in launching and shifting and also in tuning and bolting on incrementally. I recommend it.
+1. I've only had mine for a couple days, but I find it to be a very reasonable way of measuring the effect of mods when you just can't drive tothe track.