Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slaughtered an Audi tonight

Old 06-24-2007, 05:05 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default Slaughtered an Audi tonight

Well, its been years since I street raced. Got a ticket racing in my eclipse like 4 years ago, and never even considered it since.

Well, today I pulled up in a left turn lane behind an A4. Not sure what year... He had a muffler installed, with a giant tip. It just agitated me to see it....

There was another left turn lane, but it was empty, but I stayed behind him in his turn lane.

Arrow turns green and he goes. Definately WOT, because his muffler is going crazy. I stay right behind him, barely even trying... He sees this jerks into the other lane, opening up the lane for me, and he continues flooring it. His annoying muffler is screaming like crazy.

I floor it, which I rarely ever do, and abso-frickin-lutely shoot by him. We're talking 5 car lengths in 5 seconds. It was insanely ugly. I was absolutely stunned at this machine that was in my control.

Thats all. I guess all that bitching I did about how slow these 'stangs are is because I never used a prey with it before....
Old 06-24-2007, 05:12 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Slaughtered an Audi tonight

Imangine if you had a Vette what you could have done.....street racing is dangerous and stupid.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:18 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Well if I had a vette that means Im probably rich therefore I'd probably be home in my big house with my model wife instead of out driving around...

But thats not the case. Thanks for the scenario though.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:23 AM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Good kill. Yes street racing is not the place for this, but some times you have to say WTF. I wanted some of this maserati gt today, but he didnt want to play.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:25 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

yeah baby...a lot of those cars out there think a dang crotch rocket muffler makes them go 200mph......put them in their grave,,,,,,,
Old 06-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

what year?
Doesnt matter but the newer they are the slower they are

1.8T makes 180hp, 3.0 (dual exhaust) makes 230
for B6 generation, they more than our cars to
Old 06-24-2007, 09:23 AM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

I saw on the news lately street race cars in CA being crushed!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 03:57 PM
panzermk2
1st Gear Member

Turning onto 290 east ramp atRandall rd.a new Audi RS6 was in front of me. He jumped on it and got about a 4 car head start on me. I was behind him, he was watching me in his rear view mirror closing in him like a sidewinder missle. His look of disbelief was fabulous. as got the the merge I swung outand blasted past him. Had to stop and pay toll a quater mile down. when I did I slowd enough to let him get in front of me and go first. When he left the line he did it like a church mouse shooting me death rays from his eyes. I had mt top down and he could see me laughing the whole time!
Old 06-24-2007, 04:26 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Yeah, street racing is a big no-no, but the temptation on an open freeway(a rarity here in L.A.) is overwhelmingly inviting when a high end euro-brand thinks that their wallet(or credit line) ensures them of a victory. Yesterday I was west bound on the 60 fwy and some Persian dude in a brand new(no plates yet) BMW 335ci(the turbo one) weaves in and out of slower traffic to catch up to me(at the time I didn't know it was a 335 model since it was behind me). I was only a mile from my exit and traffic was pretty light up ahead so I figured I'll play for a short sprint to my off ramp. I let him catch up and he slows up next to me, we both take off, but somethings wrong, I just pull away like he was stuck or something. Bad driver? All that effort he made to catch up for this? I get off the freeway, and as he's passing by, I notice the 335ci badge on the Bimmer's deck-lid. Hmmmmm maybe they're over rated?
Naw, 330 BMWs aren't slugs either(although definitely slower than a stock GT), bad driver I guess. I really wanted to see how good or bad it was gonna get[:@]
Old 06-24-2007, 04:35 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Was probably in the wrong gear catch them in the wrong rev range and there not gonna take off quickly no power without the turbos spooled up. With a tune though they should blow a stock GT away without any problems there faster than the old M3's stock with a tune they gain a fair bit of power due to the turbo's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slaughtered an Audi tonight