Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black/black or black/red?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:14 AM
lqdslvr
1st Gear Member

Default Black/black or black/red?

Okay guys, I'm about to order my 08 GT. I know I want black exterior, but I can't decide whether to get the black interior (going for that Batmobile look) or the red interior (for something a little different). What do you guys think? I'm especially interested in any of you guys who have the red interior and have had it for awhile. Did the novelty wear off and you wish you had gotten black (or some other color)? Finally, for each choice, do you prefer the charcoal weave or the satin aluminim trim?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:54 AM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Black/black or black/red?

This is JMHO, not to be considered flame bait. NO OFFENSE intended....

I personally IMO think that the leather red interior looks horrible. Black is the only way to go.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:57 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

I like them both but its really a matter of opinion, you know. If it was me, I'd go with the Black/Red with the charcoalweave dash.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:59 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

RED

Old 06-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

One of my past stangs was a '95 GTS with a red interior. Trust me, the novelty wears off. Also, I live in a hot climate, so I picked out a GT with a grey leather interior instead of black or red. Just something to think about if you hate hot seats.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

Black on Black...That's what I've got and I love it...Another thing to consider though is if your going to do some appearance mods -and- if so what colors are you going to use...

With black - you can't go wrong. However, if you are dead set on running some red racing stripes (or other red graphics), or any type of red themed appearance upgrades then go with a red interior. Otherwise stick with black - then the sky's the limit...
Old 06-25-2007, 01:03 AM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Red interior with satin dash.

Black interior is just a little dull. Then again i like bright colours. My current car is red with a black and orange interior.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:03 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pxdig

This is JMHO, not to be considered flame bait. NO OFFENSE intended....

I personally IMO think that the leather red interior looks horrible. Black is the only way to go.

+1
I think Ford should've made the red darker, the brochure shows the red to be a really nice dark shade of red, but in person it's the color of Ronald McDonald's perm..............
Black with Charcoal weave(since the door handles and vents are in satin,the charcoal dashmakes the interior look more modern IMO).
Old 06-25-2007, 03:27 AM
lqdslvr
1st Gear Member

Thanks, guys! I'm really struggling with this decision. I have had a black on black sports car before (1996 Formula Firebird) and really liked it. I was thinking of something different but never really considered the red until I saw the color. It's a nice novel color, but I am concerned it would get old. On the other hand, heat is a consideration (I live in Phoenix). I do, however, keep my car garaged all the time and I park in an undergound parking garage at work. My vehicle rarely sits in the sun, so it is less of a concern than it might be.

Thanks for the thoughts and I'll let you know what I decide after I sleep on it. I can't imagine that eithwer of these would be a bad decision, but one is probably better than the other.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:34 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

I went with black. Its a color that looks good and stays classy.

Quick Reply: Black/black or black/red?