Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SilverHorse Racing SIDE WINDOWS

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SilverHorse Racing SIDE WINDOWS

ok, first off for the SHR louvers, great purchase they are a very nice product. i know wingman had a few problems with his install so i would talk to him.

now 157db. COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN. my god every single post i see that u write its usually you complaining about something. you have talked about this blackout pannel so many times. you got a bad one so you should call the compa ny and have them send you a new one. im sure it was a mistake that they would correct. SHR is not a bad company or cheap company. they make very high quality products. u just got shafted on that one product.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:41 PM
07GTowner

oh, I didn't realize ordering them prepainted was an option. I may look into these now. Anyone have some pics of the prepainted ones? 1 of the outside and one that shows the lines around the clear part on the inside(if they paint the inside that is)
Old 06-27-2007, 11:18 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

my panel is perfect.. great fit and great finish.

some people are IMPOSSIBLE to please... oh well.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:50 AM
MUSTANGO7GTCS

thanks for all the input,i ordered mine not painted and having the body shop paint it,the glass installer said he would have a problems installing with out scratching the out side paint he recomended breaking the glass for a sure none damage to paint,i told his he's crazy but i'll think about it ,the glass is about $200 for each side so im not sure what im gonna do yet
Old 06-28-2007, 03:19 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MUSTANGO7GTCS

thanks for all the input,i ordered mine not painted and having the body shop paint it,the glass installer said he would have a problems installing with out scratching the out side paint he recomended breaking the glass for a sure none damage to paint,i told his he's crazy but i'll think about it ,the glass is about $200 for each side so im not sure what im gonna do yet
Yikes, he has to break the glass? Check out the instructions on the SilverHorse site, you can honestly probably do this yourself. You just buy their little wire-cutting tool, tape off the body of your car around the quarter window really well, and use the wire tool to cut the factory seal.

Then if for some reason you don't like the louvers or want to return to stock if you sell your car, you won't have to buy new quarter panel glass.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:16 AM
luvrbcs
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MUSTANGO7GTCS

The glass installer was also concerned about scratching my paint. He did a good job but did scratch it a little. But, it is on the inside of the lip and a little black primer rubbed on and off hides it well. You have to be looking for it to see it. I don't know if he taped or not.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

heck, If I could do it first time aroundwithout scratching, I'm sure a glass installer could...look for another...
Old 07-01-2007, 07:40 PM
silverhorseracing

ORIGINAL: 157db

SilverHorse racing is a low end company that sells a few
cheap upgrade parts for Ford Stangs. The HoneyComb
blackout panel leaves much to be desired. The fit was
lousy and I sent it back. It also didnt lay flat on the decklid.
YUCK.[:@]
Thanks for your opinion - thankfully 1000's of customers and companies like Saleen and others don't agree with you.

As to the honeycomb panel in question - I will be in touch with Joe Heck's owner this week to get this back and take a look at this piece and see what the issue was. Our reject rate in the hands of customers is less than 1%, and most of those are transit damage issues, not production problems. I'm glad they took care of you but I guess that wasn't enough to make you happy.

As to calling us a low end company selling cheap products... thanks.

I actually take pride in all of our products (why I find and feel the need to respond to these comments on a Sunday when I found them), and we only use the finest materials and processes to produce our parts. BASF UV-inhibited virgin resins, 6061 T6 Billet aluminum, all aluminum parts either finished and anodized or triple layer chrome plated, Lexan instead of acrylic, all made in the USA from start to finish, including the molds we use, weighing over 1 ton each and injected at 500 degrees and 300 tons of pressure.

FYI - the arch difference between the trunk and the honeycomb panel was designed that way for a reason... and the rear emblem varies from the factory by over .060" - hence our panel has to be able to fit the largest piece the factory sends out, otherwise you'd be complaining that it was too tight a fit and had to be trimmed to fit... that's just the nature of mating two pieces together when one of them does not have to hold a tolerance. We can hold +/-.002" on the ID of our honeycomb panel center - but it doesn't much matter when the piece you mate to can be off by .030 per edge.

But good luck finding products for your Mustang elsewhere that are better in fit, finish, and overall quality. I started this company because I couldn't find them.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:07 PM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

hey silverhorseracing,,,,,,,,,well said. i do not have any of your accessories on my car at the moment, but from what i have read on this forum and things that i have seen on other mustangs, it appears that you people make top quality parts. i am thinking about installing one of your honeycomb panels and im not worried at all about how it will fit. i have seen a few around and they always looked great.