Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG POWER LOSS???????

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

Default BIG POWER LOSS???????

for some reason my gt seems to have lost sooooooo much power nearly half and i dont know why. I currently have 3.73gears, tci 3000 stall converter,C&L cold air intake plus 98 vmp custome tune with sct. my gt is an automatic, now before the power loss when i used to floor my car from a standing still the car would burn rubber 1st,2nd and 3rd gear and chirp on the fourth thats how strong it was. Now when i floor it it barely chirps for a second and thats it. I took it ford and they said the alternator was either burned or gone and thats why the power loss sooo they changed it i recieved my car and guys still noooo power what could be causing this problem if ford cant find it who bloody can.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:37 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: BIG POWER LOSS???????

Did you take it in to the dealer with your mods? Did they say anything about them?
Maybe they reflashed your computer and now your tune doesn't work. Otherwise I would start with checking or re-installing the tune.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
TacoBill
2nd Gear Member

You'd better double check your stradegy code before you re-flash your PCM with your tune. If the Dealer changed your calibration code when it was in for service and you try and download your current tune, you'll be up creek wihout a paddle.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TacoBill

You'd better double check your stradegy code before you re-flash your PCM with your tune. If the Dealer changed your calibration code when it was in for service and you try and download your current tune, you'll be up creek wihout a paddle.
Yep, they probably did. That happened to me just before I got the Kenne Bell tune. The tune didn't work and I had to get the new code from the dealer and send it to KB. A REAL pain in the ***! And the dealer said they don't have to relabel the car with the new code. grrr...frickin' dealers!
Old 06-25-2007, 03:58 PM
05RedHead
2nd Gear Member

A friend of mine had a similar thing happen - his being basically stock with some exhaust mods. He took it in and they found out the traction control was basically stuck "on" as if the car thought he was always slipping, etc. There was no light on the dash though, so that wasn't a first thought or anything. They reset something and he was on his way with full power. It's worth a look. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

Ya i guess they changed my tune but i did reflash the tune with my sct however i felt that it didnt reflash the car started but i didnt feel that the tune worked you think that could be the problem and if sooo how to reflash again if they did change my startegy code.oooh by the way on the srvice invoice it doessay carried engine flushing,engine flush375ml protec could that mean it was reflashed
Old 06-25-2007, 04:17 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

If they reflashed it, you would need to get a new tune loaded from where you got the tuner. That would suck - also that the dealer can do that without telling you or asking. That's why most people with tunes recommend going back to stock before a dealer visit. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

i am sure its not the traction. But i think they probably reflashed the computer ill get the computer code via xcal and resend it to justin at vmp i just spoke to him. i hope its the tune i wish there was a away to check but i guess if ford checked the car then surly if there was something wrong with the engine losing power they would have relaised it since this was my main complain when i took it in for service. However ill double check hope nothing is broken in the engine and they didnt relaise it.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

any one here has more info to what the problem could be for this power decrease.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Normally I would say just reinstall your tune, but since you went to the dealer you better find out if they reflashed your computer to an upgraded system. They have to give you the "new" ecm code. Good luck and keep us posted with the results.

Quick Reply: BIG POWER LOSS???????