Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

socal cruise in july

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default RE: socal cruise in july

ORIGINAL: SeanMalone

I was hoping we would do this, I thought we were gonna have towait 2 months. Count me in!!!
Well, unfortunately, I have no free time on any weekend in July, so I'm not going to be able to make the July cruise, hence why I organized the one for Aug. I'm only offering input for those who are planning this cruise. You guys could do a Hollywood cruise, and run Mulholland...Not sure what the traffic's like on Mulholland Dr, having never driven it, but I hear it's a good cruise.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
urnamethere
2nd Gear Member

alright i will plan a beach route then maybe we can all end and eat somewhere, what do you guys think about timing it so that when the sun sets we will be driving by the beach, or maybe ending at one of the beach parking lots, possibly hunington beach and then grabbing a bite there before we go our merry ways, or we can do it during the afternoon. any input?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:13 PM
elburrito99
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: urnamethere
alright i will plan a beach route then maybe we can all end and eat somewhere, what do you guys think about timing it so that when the sun sets we will be driving by the beach, or maybe ending at one of the beach parking lots, possibly hunington beach and then grabbing a bite there before we go our merry ways, or we can do it during the afternoon. any input?
Sorry for the delayed response. I take the Saleen out almost every weekend early in the morning and hit no traffic and almost no redlights (the route I was thinking of would hit about 5 lights over a 5-mile one-way run). And it would allow you two spots to open your cars up as much as you'd want (one of them is a strip of road where Shelby used to test his cars back in the 60s).

I think a morning ride (breakfast before or afterwards?) is best if you want to avoid traffic on a weekend. Late afternoon rides anywhere around a beach town in SoCal in the summertime will surely encounter lots of traffic. But, in theimmortal words of Ice Cube, I'm down for whatever.

PM me if you want to touch base on routes around Manhattan Beach.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:15 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

I am in.. I will have the new rims, suspension, hurst shifter, exhaust and tune done by that time... FINALLY!!

lets do it!

Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Is thiscruz in S.D on L.A
Old 06-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

The July cruise, I think that'll be going through L.A.

August, we'll have another cruise that'll be going in San Diego, running fromHardcore Mustangs (where we ended the last cruise) and going up through the mountains again to end at Viejas.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:57 PM
SeanMalone
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: elburrito99
Sounds like Burrito knows a good route we can take, and I live in Huntington Beach so that would be a good ending for me. Anyways were getting there, would we start in LA and come back around the beach?
ORIGINAL: urnamethere
Sorry for the delayed response. I take the Saleen out almost every weekend early in the morning and hit no traffic and almost no redlights (the route I was thinking of would hit about 5 lights over a 5-mile one-way run). And it would allow you two spots to open your cars up as much as you'd want (one of them is a strip of road where Shelby used to test his cars back in the 60s).

I think a morning ride (breakfast before or afterwards?) is best if you want to avoid traffic on a weekend. Late afternoon rides anywhere around a beach town in SoCal in the summertime will surely encounter lots of traffic. But, in theimmortal words of Ice Cube, I'm down for whatever.

PM me if you want to touch base on routes around Manhattan Beach.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:47 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

What about Angeles Crest Hwy? Scenic, not overly crowded and everyone in the general L.A. area(from the O.C. to Ventura county) isn't very far from home. Let those Diego boys shoot up north this time
Just a route suggestion...........................
Old 06-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

i am up for it
Old 06-28-2007, 08:15 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

What about Angeles Crest Hwy? Scenic, not overly crowded and everyone in the general L.A. area(from the O.C. to Ventura county) isn't very far from home. Let those Diego boys shoot up north this time
Just a route suggestion...........................
As long as I bring my shovel and wire brush to scrape those sport bike a**holes out of my grille. Every weekend they are up there, taking turns too wide, running head on into people, etc., etc., and every weekend, the ambulances are rolling down to Verdugo Hills Hospital with those knuckleheads who don't know how to ride well.

Quick Reply: socal cruise in july