Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripped her naked...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:46 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stripped her naked...

yeh the ford dealer added stripes are a disgrace....theyre the shabbiest things I've ever seen in my life.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

plus the dealers don't prep them before slapping them on a GT! I put them on mine because I'd only seen side stripes on a yellow V-6 and they looked good. After they started chipping off I took them off completely.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:33 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I don't like the side stripes that say mustang. Seems silly since everyone knows it's a mustang. Looks better IMO.
not my ex lol it was so funny when she couldnt tell wth i was drivng and the name was on sides. I like the color contrast on mine
good thing thing she's an ex now!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Awwww - looks much better. Love those white cars with not much on them, so classy.[sm=Awwww.gif]
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Speed Freakz

I think it looks waaay better. Stripes rock but they are a bit overdone. I think "mustang" on the side is a little tacky and perhaps a bit cheezy
Old 06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

First off, thanks to all for the kind confirmation that she looks much better without the side stripes... and for the record, I bought her used with about 15k on her, so I don't know if the dealer did it or the owner before. I just left em on for a while cuz I hadn't seen a white one with em... but that obviously quickly wore off. You guys got me thinkin about the top stripes now too... I thought about taking them off just beacuse they are pretty swirled (but adding em back all the way down). But maybe I'll go a spell without em and see how I like it.

Now for some individual responses...

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd
i dont see hows shes completely stripped... all i see is the side stripesare taken off???
TrIpOd: Thanks, that why I said, "...Well not completely..." (First words of the thread). Did you even read the post?

Legallytorched: Thanks for antying up with the mandatory ******** response of the post. Moving on...

ORIGINAL: besam
hmm i thought that only 4.0s had that stripe??
did you add it your self?
besam: Like I said above, they were on there when I bought her. Not sure why, it just took me a while to get up the nerve to peel em off. But I agree, I haven't seen any other V8's with em... and now I understand why.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:23 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

keep em... it breaks up the white and looks great on the car. i would however finish the stripes over the bumbers...

Old 06-27-2007, 06:30 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teksp0rt
keep em... it breaks up the white and looks great on the car. i would however finish the stripes over the bumbers...
Thanks man... I don't know though.. after seeing yours, I might leave them off. Your GT is very tastefully badass if you ask me! Whether they go or are stretched, either way, they'll have to come off. I can't actually stretch them, as the splice in the front would look bad, I'm sure. And just replacing the hood stripes would make them look different than the top and back since they are so swirled. So, I think here soon I'll strip em, see how it looks and them see about getting them reapplied all the way up and down. Anyone suggest the best brand of stripes to get? My current ones are either crap or they were cleaned with a brilo pad by the last owner.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:22 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

I know that a lot of people get pre-cut sets from Baltimore Street Mods.

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

They seem to be the favorite around here and the price seems reasonable.

....and once installed, wax both the car and stripes.. There is a thread on this somewhere talking about how it helps protect them.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I like the car better without the side stripes.

Also like your wheels!

Quick Reply: Stripped her naked...