Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do we do, what we do to our cars??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:29 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why do we do, what we do to our cars??

ORIGINAL: urlosingbd

If any of you guys have a wife/girlfriend, hopefully you will understand and now what I'm talking about. Upon buying my GT, I was told not to touch it!!!! But we all have the sickness, we must have more POWER!!![/align][/align]My girlfriend is having a hard time understand why do what I must do! She found out I bought a cobra wing and didn't tell her and the sh*t hit the fan. Her thought process is, "It's a beautiful car why do you want to mod it?" To a certain extent I see her point. Why do we waste $$$ putting aftermarket parts on. Don't get me wrong I love working onand changing my stang BUT when you look at...... why? You could be doing better stuff with your money. It's not like I'm depleting my savings or putting it on credit cards but when I have some extra change.... Daddy's going to play!!! But she wants to save the $$$ for more useful stuff towards the house, which I understand her point.[/align][/align]I'm not trying to be the badest & fastestmofo on the block, just want to be fast!![/align][/align]As of now, I have done stupid stuff w/ mods. Show before Go! Roush louvers &cobra replica wing. Besides a axel back flows & complete royal purple conversion.[/align][/align]F.Y.I.- just in case you think I'm a puddin, this is my 4th mustang GT and one 00' trans am over the years!! All where modded with great pleasure. I guess my old age is making me think, I'm 30 now and don't want to grow up.[/align][/align]just some venting. Women [:@][/align]
thats funny. thats ur girlfriend tho. i mean, ur not married to her. besides, we all have our hobbies. tell her to stop buying shoes, or purses, or tampons. see what she thinks then.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:28 AM
besam
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yomofoitzjay

my mom is the same way...

...they will just never understand..
lol my mom too, she thinks im "wasting money"

im only 16 so my g/f doesnt really care how much money i spend on my car
Old 06-28-2007, 08:27 PM
red stangguy
1st Gear Member

We do what we want to cars because that is what we enjoy just as women enjoy sepending countless hours looking for clothes or shoes or wtf ever I am glad I am no longer married Single life is good but I do have a girlfriend shekeeps here mouth shut about my car.[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 06-28-2007, 08:46 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

F-U-C-K-I-N R-I-G-H-T
ORIGINAL: torch red

Dude get the sand out of your virgina....She is only your GF...if she dont like it oh well...

If she is your wife..i can understand a little bit...

My wife hates my car and the amount of money i spend.. I still do it..what is she gonna do...

Leave me and make me single...OH THE HORROR...

A man has to do what a man has to do..
Old 06-28-2007, 10:17 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Dominance prevails in a lot of relationships. Most of my friend's wives ask mine why she lets me do the stuffI do. I can spend over 10k a year in skydive tickets. I've spent some time inthe hospital because of an off heading opening during a base jump. At the end of the day, I'm as passionate about my kids and wife as I am about base jumping or cars or whatever the hell I feel like doing. She knows I would never screw around or do anything to hurt her. She also realizes that you can't love someone by controlling them or putting them in a cage. Putting a few hundred bucks on a car is a joke. If it causes issues in a relationship, you seriously need to sit down with her and work it out.... Just remember, it needs to go both ways....
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

no worries, just a little bit of jealousy kicking in on my part.....[&o][&o]

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

ORIGINAL: freefallpat

Now! That's being single!!!!lol

bastard.....

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

Okay, for some reason I have the strong urge to head to a titty bar. Perhaps a reminder of the qualities I like about women in general...[sm=alcoholic.gif]

I'm out for some fun and will let you guys continue discussing the needs of women...
LOL... Pat - we both know I was joking...
Old 06-29-2007, 06:26 PM
carmanwelder
2nd Gear Member

I have a wife of 26 years. Oct 2006 I go out and buy my mustang, Didn't tell her, Early this year I go out and buy a KB, didn't tell her. I don't need to tell or explain to anyone, anywhere in this world what I am spending money on and I recipricate the same to my wife. Oh by the way just after I bought the Stang she went out and bought me a 55" Plasma.