Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do we do, what we do to our cars??

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:07 PM
urlosingbd

Default Why do we do, what we do to our cars??

If any of you guys have a wife/girlfriend, hopefully you will understand and now what I'm talking about. Upon buying my GT, I was told not to touch it!!!! But we all have the sickness, we must have more POWER!!![/align][/align]My girlfriend is having a hard time understand why do what I must do! She found out I bought a cobra wing and didn't tell her and the sh*t hit the fan. Her thought process is, "It's a beautiful car why do you want to mod it?" To a certain extent I see her point. Why do we waste $$$ putting aftermarket parts on. Don't get me wrong I love working onand changing my stang BUT when you look at...... why? You could be doing better stuff with your money. It's not like I'm depleting my savings or putting it on credit cards but when I have some extra change.... Daddy's going to play!!! But she wants to save the $$$ for more useful stuff towards the house, which I understand her point.[/align][/align]I'm not trying to be the badest & fastestmofo on the block, just want to be fast!![/align][/align]As of now, I have done stupid stuff w/ mods. Show before Go! Roush louvers &cobra replica wing. Besides a axel back flows & complete royal purple conversion.[/align][/align]F.Y.I.- just in case you think I'm a puddin, this is my 4th mustang GT and one 00' trans am over the years!! All where modded with great pleasure. I guess my old age is making me think, I'm 30 now and don't want to grow up.[/align][/align]just some venting. Women [:@][/align]
Old 06-27-2007, 03:10 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why do we do, what we do to our cars??

My girlfriend is the same way. I won't let her take away what makes me happy though.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

Your GIRLFRIEND is giving you ****? I would understand if it's your wife and you're both low on funds.

Be a f'n man and don't let a girl control everything you do.

They have their shoes and purses, we have our cars and electronics...
Old 06-27-2007, 03:21 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Hmph! Don't blame the women...........geez...

I also like to add @#*! to my car.......and I am female.

Maybe there's more to it with your girl......maybe she's pissed about something else in your relationship.......
I wouldn't want to tell my man what to do or what not to do, especially if it was something he enjoyed doing and made him happy.

Just a thought....... s ~
Old 06-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

SaddleUp, I would looove to meet a girl like you hehe
Old 06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
stizang

I agree with Saddleup. Your woman needs to understand that different people have different vices. In all actuality a 400 dollar exhaust system is just as senseless as a 400 Coach purse. But if the end produce makes you happy then screw it. I am sure that she spends money on stuff that makes no sense too.

Oh ya..... Saddleup. You are a great woman.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:43 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Yes, like saving up for a co-op, condo, engagement ring, wedding etc....

You're all the same...

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Hmph! Don't blame the women...........geez...

I also like to add @#*! to my car.......and I am female.

Maybe there's more to it with your girl......maybe she's pissed about something else in your relationship.......
I wouldn't want to tell my man what to do or what not to do, especially if it was something he enjoyed doing and made him happy.

Just a thought....... s ~
Old 06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

www.eharmony.com

www.match.com

Old 06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
besam
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

www.eharmony.com

www.match.com

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 06-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Everyone needs a hobby. Everyone has different interests. And I also think everyone needs a little pin money for themselves. Sounds more like a money issue than a "women" issue.

Pre set some money in your monthly budget for each of you to buy or do what you want. She might want to spend hers on a gym membership or Coach pocketbook for all you know. Maybe she wants a paint ball gun or Red Sox tickets. Point being, you both get a spending limit to do what you want.

I agree that you shouldn't have to ask permission. But if she is sacraficing her hobbies or pin money for a household need, it is not fair that you are not doing the same.

Quick Reply: Why do we do, what we do to our cars??