Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't see why do you guys get angry over dealer mark ups on GT500

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:04 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Default I don't see why do you guys get angry over dealer mark ups on GT500

Let's not forget the first rule why a business is a business, to make money. So what if they're marking them up $20k more than the MSRP? Is it fair, no but can they do it? Yes. Simple economics or supply and demand, and that pretty much goes with anything in the world of business. Remember when first xbox 360 or ps3 came out, how much they were selling on ebay due to a short supply? Same thing with the GT 500

They would lower those costs if no one was buying them. Obviously people out there are dumping that amounts of cash so I don't get bothered with it. Hell I work for a Ford Dealer (no I don't sell) and when I see an $18,000 mark up I laugh. Funny since the dealer is the last one laughing with extra 18k when they sold one the other day. Hell they had a 13k mark up on a Shelby GT (just the regular one with some ugly rims and huge flowmaster exhaust and some other junk) and it sold!!! I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if you were in some sort of business and you had a chance to make extra money. It's business, don't take it personal.

They always teach you to treat the customer right, also rip them off as much as you can It's not fair or ethical but it happens and people still pay regardless of what we say here.

So let these silly threads die and go for a nice joy ride in YOUR stangs <3
Old 06-28-2007, 11:08 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I don't see why do you guys get angry over dealer mark ups on GT500

ORIGINAL: ssimaniac

Let's not forget the first rule why a business is a business, to make money. So what if they're marking them up $20k more than the MSRP? Is it fair, no but can they do it? Yes. Simple economics or supply and demand, and that pretty much goes with anything in the world of business. Remember when first xbox 360 or ps3 came out, how much they were selling on ebay due to a short supply? Same thing with the GT 500

They would lower those costs if no one was buying them. Obviously people out there are dumping that amounts of cash so I don't get bothered with it. Hell I work for a Ford Dealer (no I don't sell) and when I see an $18,000 mark up I laugh. Funny since the dealer is the last one laughing with extra 18k when they sold one the other day. Hell they had a 13k mark up on a Shelby GT (just the regular one with some ugly rims and huge flowmaster exhaust and some other junk) and it sold!!! I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if you were in some sort of business and you had a chance to make extra money. It's business, don't take it personal.

They always teach you to treat the customer right, also rip them off as much as you can It's not fair or ethical but it happens and people still pay regardless of what we say here.

So let these silly threads die and go for a nice joy ride in YOUR stangs <3
ok...like this silly thread you just started as well...hey...relax...this is a forum...where half of the threads posted can be considered silly by some..it is a place where people come to chat, communicate etc....we make opinions...and beeyatch about what dealers do and dont do....so as long as there is forums...these silly (as you call them) posts will continue..
Old 06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Jito007
2nd Gear Member

uh the 360's and ps3's are still selling for the same price as they did when they first came. dealerships just steal your money thats all they are good for. except for this one girl that works at mine.. hmm hmm hmm spank me and call me harry
Old 06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Is this thread supposed to make us feel better about being ripped off by dealers? If so, it hasn't worked and we will continue to whine about it.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:14 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

since the GT500s are out of reach for most people, they'll only make our GTs more valuable
Old 06-28-2007, 11:14 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

do you work for Ford or something? chill dude
Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

What's your point?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

it states that all of you guys are replying to me....but I know (hope) you are replying to the original *cough cough** ford dealer...oops i mean poster... ssimaniac
Old 06-28-2007, 11:28 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

u must be a rich jerk if u posting a topic like this, how about this: SORRY IM NOT AS RICH AS YOU -------we all wish we could afford a gt500 and if it wasnt for the stupid markups, we would probably have one, so i dont see your point in that, dealers make enough money, they sell their cars for more than what it cost to build them
Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

u must be a rich jerk if u posting a topic like this, how about this: SORRY IM NOT AS RICH AS YOU -------we all wish we could afford a gt500 and if it wasnt for the stupid markups, we would probably have one, so i dont see your point in that, dealers make enough money, they sell their cars for more than what it cost to build them
now now edge.....lets not insult people with money by lumping a ford dealer troll in with them. I consider myself rich in allot of ways...but still would not spend my hard earned money on a markup as this...but...thats just me...

Quick Reply: I don't see why do you guys get angry over dealer mark ups on GT500