Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP GTA's finally!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 PM
btorlv
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP GTA's finally!

Had a little bit of trouble on in stall. Had to loosen the mid pipe first so i could push the axel pipe on all the way to the lug tips lined up very well and no leaks. Best thing is they sound great 99% of drone gone. Way better then the flows and tips look great and they get a louder on break in.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:13 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

How good are the clamps that come stock with these? Are they like the factory muffler clamps, i.e. actually attached to the muffler pipe, or are they loose...??

I just found out today that my Flowmasters have been deemed "defective" by Flowmaster...16 months old when they started to kazoo...So, since I don't believe Brenspeed carries the GTA's, I will probably need to sell a brand new pair of Flows before getting these...Who has the best price on the GTA's???

Thx,
Mike

Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i still love my gta's.....got them from nino as well
Old 08-29-2007, 08:05 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Love how they look! Exactly like SLP.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Larmo ... here's install directions: https://mustangforums.com/m_3104526/tm.htm

They're for the stingers but it's the same.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Mike,
The clamps aren't attached like the stockers. They are seperate. I just don't remember if they're band-type or saddle type clamps. I think they are band type like the stock. I was gonna go & look under @ mine for you, but mines still in the body shop @ the dealer & I won't have it back until Friday. I had a hit & run on my baby 2 weeks ago while picking up dinner on the way home from work. SOB got my L/H rear quarter & rear bumper.
Also, I just recieved yesterday my new Pypes mid-muffler system. No car to put on. I'll compare those to the GTA's in a week or so.
IMO, the GTA's are great though...nice deep growl,not excessivly loud but a nice step up from stock.
Best price on the GTA's are Ninosport, they include free shipping with their price.
http://www.ninosport.com/Mustang/200...-GT-Axle-backs
They are the M-5230-GTA's. Made by Supreme
Larry
Old 08-29-2007, 09:53 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aircare84

Mike,
The clamps aren't attached like the stockers. They are seperate. I just don't remember if they're band-type or saddle type clamps. I think they are band type like the stock. I was gonna go & look under @ mine for you, but mines still in the body shop @ the dealer & I won't have it back until Friday. I had a hit & run on my baby 2 weeks ago while picking up dinner on the way home from work. SOB got my L/H rear quarter & rear bumper.
Also, I just recieved yesterday my new Pypes mid-muffler system. No car to put on. I'll compare those to the GTA's in a week or so.
IMO, the GTA's are great though...nice deep growl,not excessivly loud but a nice step up from stock.
Best price on the GTA's are Ninosport, they include free shipping with their price.
http://www.ninosport.com/Mustang/200...-GT-Axle-backs
They are the M-5230-GTA's. Made by Supreme
Larry
Hey, thanks for that Larry. Yeah, I saw about your car, I believe over on BB...I think I commented on it. Man that really sucks, especially a hit and run......

So, are you just wanting to try the mid muffler set up, or are the GTA's too mild for ya??

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 08-29-2007, 09:55 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I love my FRPP pipes. They look good and sound great. Not loud but, well, just right. They absolutely do not drone at highway speeds either, in fact, the cabin noise isn't elevated at all really.
Only thing I would say is that I see rust starting to develop on the welds which is kinda weird as the car never see's wet weather [&:] Go figure..............
Old 09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys... ordered mine from Nino yesterday with their 5% off Labor Day special ($275 shipped) and should have them later this week (hopefully). At that time I'm sure I will be leaning on you guys if I run into questions for the install. Let me know if you have any tips so I can be prepared.

Thanks again,

-DL

Old 09-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Congrats, hope u like.

Quick Reply: FRPP GTA's finally!