Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should I get the diablosport?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
LAK3RS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: should I get the diablosport?

Brenspeed Mail Order Tune- Pretty Good
Custom Tune- Pretty Freaking Good...Big Difference
B amachips Mail Order Tune- Holy crap it's freaking untouchable!!!

In August I'll be getting my car custom tuned by Doug(B amachips) at Dyno Joe's down in Houston...I can't wait!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:00 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Forget all the tuner hype. Go on line and check out the Granatelli CAI system. It's cheap, it's easy to install; you don't have to screw around with a tune. And it still gives you argueably as good if not better performance than the cai +tune setups. I know my opinion is not popular - because it's too easy!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:11 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: sandy

Forget all the tuner hype. Go on line and check out the Granatelli CAI system. It's cheap, it's easy to install; you don't have to screw around with a tune. And it still gives you argueably as good if not better performance than the cai +tune setups. I know my opinion is not popular - because it's too easy!
Its not popular because its wrong!! The chances of the new MAF that comes with the GMS CAI being spot on in every vehicle and getting the most HP possible are next to nothing! A dyno tune is the proper way to get the most HP possible and also the safest.....you cant dispute that. Also lets say i get new gears.....well damn now i need a new tuner to account for that.....and the o/r pipe i now have, yep a tuner with be needed there to......but damn you supposedly superior GMS CAI doesnt have a tuner and cant help you out there now does it.

The GMS is a good way to go if you arent going to do any more mods and do not want to actually get a tuner for the car, I will agree with that. But with a tune many more variables can be changed to make the car feel better....You might pick up 20 with the GMS and 25 with a mail order from B ama....but the B ama will feel like you picked up a tone more because of other things changed in the tune.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

well i have the diablosport and I love it, no complaints here
Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I have a Diablosport, I have no complaints. I think the interface is a little better than the SCT. But, I know that if I ever have it dyno tuned I will run into problems because all the performance shops around here work with SCT and not Diablo.

The argument of Diablo vs. SCT has been discussed many times, the general consensus is that they are about equal, and that they are both the 2 best ones to get. There are other tuners available.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Correct they are really equal....one isnt going to give you more HP than the other....the HP comes from the tune that Brent or Doug write you!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: sandy

Its not popular because its wrong!! The chances of the new MAF that comes with the GMS CAI being spot on in every vehicle and getting the most HP possible are next to nothing! A dyno tune is the proper way to get the most HP possible and also the safest.....you cant dispute that. Also lets say i get new gears.....well damn now i need a new tuner to account for that.....and the o/r pipe i now have, yep a tuner with be needed there to......but damn you supposedly superior GMS CAI doesnt have a tuner and cant help you out there now does it.

The GMS is a good way to go if you arent going to do any more mods and do not want to actually get a tuner for the car, I will agree with that. But with a tune many more variables can be changed to make the car feel better....You might pick up 20 with the GMS and 25 with a mail order from B ama....but the B ama will feel like you picked up a tone more because of other things changed in the tune.
+1...granatelli guy, all of the above is so damn true. How can a replacement, one-size-fits-all-vehicles MAF compare to a dyno tune that's custom tailored toyour vehicle's cpu, mods, future mods, etc? And also how the hell are you going to do any future mods, with the exception of maybe UDPs and a/b, without a tuner? Yeah okay some like brent, some like bama, some have a local dude in their hometown, but we all agree that a tuner is an absolute necessity for these cars...the five-liter mustang method of "slap on your partsandgo" is obsolete with these cars, programmed so tightly from the factory...
p.s. and what isn't easy about plugging in a tuner and pressing a button?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:06 PM
logan1369

+1 for Diablosprt and B ama ... Have 3 of his tunes and they fly.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't get the Diablo, I had one it sucked, SCT much better!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:47 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

How is superchips tuner? No one ever talks about that one LOL must blow

Quick Reply: should I get the diablosport?