Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Q For all mustang owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:37 AM
eziz38

Default A Q For all mustang owners

Hi there
I am a new member with one important Q. Since my dealer don’t have test drive for the Mustangs I want to ask you owners
My cars I owned are
Ford Ranger XLT 98 ~ now
Lexus LX470 99 ~2000
BMW 740 2000 ~ 2006
Hyundai Santa Fe 2003 ~ now
Nissan armada 2006 ~ now
Now I want to add a car for my collection but it must be good looking, bold, a hard worker and its great for highways.
Iam thinking of the following
1- Infinity G35 sedan 2007
2- Toyota FJ 2007
3- FORD mustang 2007 ( AT GT V8 )
For some one like me do think that the mustang can take the heat of every day work like around 100mile every day traveling
Old 07-02-2007, 07:47 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

Default RE: A Q For all mustang owners

Get the Toyota
Old 07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eziz38

Since my dealer don’t have test drive for the Mustangs
First off... find a new dealer. That is silly.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:15 AM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

I'd never buy the Mustang if I had to drive it 100 miles a day. Too expensive in gas. You need something that is like your refrigerator. It just keeps on working and keeps the food cold. Get a Toyota. If you want cool, get a Mustang.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:24 AM
SafetyEngineer

The Mustang won the JD Power award for initial quality in it's segment.

Neither of the other two were in the top three of the segment.

The Mustang warranty is for 5 years/60,000 miles bumper to bumper.

Toyota's is 3 years/36,000 miles

I couldn't find what Infiniti's is.

As far as good-looking and bold, I turn heads everytime I'm in my car. I've had a kid riding on the back of a motorcycle turn around, look past a Nissan 350Z and give me a thumbs up.

I dream up excuses to drive my car. If I could have a legitimate reason to drive over 100 miles a day, I think I would be in hog-heaven driving my Mustang. If you haven't driven a new Mustang, drive one. It's an experience not to be missed.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 AM
eziz38

OK

thanx all for your fast replay

for the gas I don’t care about that much since my 2.7 santy drinks like full tank give me around 40 miles so I don’t care and the cost for the gallon is about 6.378 $ US

The dealer story
OK in my country we have only ONE exclusive dealer for most of the car companies so for ford and Lincoln we have only ONE and unfortunately he is NO help what so ever for the after sales they don’t know any thing about cars except how to look good as a show room and non of the sales men know what is the mustang or what is new so the dealer is only busy with the crown victory's we have only ONE class of the mustang it is the GT V8 AT
That’s all for the mustang

The parts prices is on FIRE and he says if you have a problem with it .complain to ford only if you can because they wont care about your problem you are only one customer and they don’t care about our market ( by parts manager)
Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Well unfortunately I don't do a lot of highway driving. Though the past few weekends I had to do a lot of travelling... 2+ Hr Drives, etc. Was able to carve the mountains of North Jersey, and that was beyond fun! You really fall in love with the car all over again during highway speeds, where it pulls so hard and just puts that familiar smile on your face.

100 miles a day is a lot of travelling. You'd probably be at the pump every 2-4 days depending on your distance/driving habits. If that isn't a problem, and neither is gas prices, then go for it.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

I just trading in my 98 Honda Accord for a 07 Pony, I drive just under 100 miles a day...and so far I am loving it. I have always loved the mustang lines but had an excuse every time it come up to buying a new ride. Four doors are more convenient, gas etc. I noticed the mileage difference the first day I drove her and just told myself its just gonna cost me more to drive the car I always wanted.

My concern is how its going to treat me down the road. My two previous DD were Honda's and gave me 217+ and 180+ thousand miles, and still drove GREAT when I traded them. This is my first Ford DD and I can only hope it will come close, we shall see. (but I am going to have fun finding out)
Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 AM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ndnboy

I just trading in my 98 Honda Accord for a 07 Pony, I drive just under 100 miles a day...and so far I am loving it. I have always loved the mustang lines but had an excuse every time it come up to buying a new ride. Four doors are more convenient, gas etc. I noticed the mileage difference the first day I drove her and just told myself its just gonna cost me more to drive the car I always wanted.

My concern is how its going to treat me down the road. My two previous DD were Honda's and gave me 217+ and 180+ thousand miles, and still drove GREAT when I traded them. This is my first Ford DD and I can only hope it will come close, we shall see. (but I am going to have fun finding out)
If you want to pull that kind of milage of of the car then DON"T DO ANY MODS leave it stock that way you won't have to worry about any problems down the road. and be sure to take good care of the car.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:57 AM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

I drive about 150 miles per day and have no complaints after 7 months. Gas mileage isn't too bad (24-26mpg) and the ride is enjoyable. I have a friend who has an 06 G-35 and it's a great car also.

Quick Reply: A Q For all mustang owners