Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
drtuba
2nd Gear Member

Default Ford Extended Warranty

I am looking to purchase an extended warranty for my '06 V6 and called the dealer to get a quote for the Ford ESP. She quoted me $2008 for the 5 years 100k miles. I then did a google search for extended warrantys and it came up with this site www.fordwarrantys.com. It says it is a genuine Ford ESP and backed by Ford and valid at Ford dealerhsips nationwide. That site quoted me $1350 for the 5 years 100k miles. Do you guys think this is a legit warranty? Has anyone dealt with them before. It doesnt make since that the one warranty would bw 700 more.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Extended Warranty

i got mine for freei love shoping for cars, im to good at getting what i want
Old 07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brendend

i got mine for free i love shoping for cars, im to good at getting what i want
I'll be taking you shopping with me next time!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:07 PM
drtuba
2nd Gear Member

OK, so I called a few of these other websites that sell the Ford ESP and they are all apparently Ford Dealors. So my question is why would every dealer I call have a different price?? Ive been quoted prices from just over $1000 to over $2000 for the ExtraCare 100k miles, 5 years. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: drtuba

OK, so I called a few of these other websites that sell the Ford ESP and they are all apparently Ford Dealors. So my question is why would every dealer I call have a different price?? Ive been quoted prices from just over $1000 to over $2000 for the ExtraCare 100k miles, 5 years. Anyone have any ideas?
Because that's where some of the profit of a new car is. FoMoCO, has one price they sell it to all dealers for, the dealer then has their markup on it. Whatever you do, make sure it's a Ford ESP you buy. I've had it on all three of our new vehicles and my parents Ford and that is the only extended warranty I will buy for my Fords. So much less crap to deal with that 3rd party warranties.....doesn't your new Ford already have a 5year 100K warranty from Ford??
Old 07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
drtuba
2nd Gear Member

no unfortunatly I bought my car on July 9th 2006 before they made the warrantys longer from the factory.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:43 PM
ctrcbob

FWIW, Dealers in Florida are not allowed to discount the Extended Warranty.

Florida consideres Extended Warrantys as Insurance Policies, and as such, they are regulated by the State and can't be sold for less than the MSRP. This came about years ago when Insurance agents were selling policies to people for much more than what the insurance companies price was. Florida came out and said that insurance could not be sold for anything other than what the insurance company price was. The intent of the law was so the agent could not sell HIGHER than the regular price, however the way the law is written, dealers can't sell for lower than the price either. If a dealer in Florida does sell it to you at a "discount", the manufacturer normally comes back to the dealer and tells them that they can't sell it to you like that. The dealer then must either cancel the deal, or must eat the difference. OK, so you say you will buy the warranty outside of Florida (where dealers don't know about the Florida law). Won't work, as Ford will then contact that dealer to inform them that they can't do it. (Ford would get in trouble with the Florida Dept. of Insurance Regulations).

Here is what happened to me. My vehicle was purchased in Florida, using my Florida address and a Florida registeration. Could not buy an extended warranty at a discount in Florida. While up at my Northern address, I purchased the extended warranty, at a discount, USING MY NORTHEN ADDRESS. A couple days later, I happened to be at the dealer when the office girls got a phone call from the manufactures warranty admin office. I heard the girl say, "As a matter of fact, he is standing right here". The admin office had asked the dealer if I was a "walk-in" or if I had purchased the warranty over the internet or by telephone. Once the admin people saw that I was there in person, with a local address up there, the dealer was allowed to sell it to me at whatever price he wanted (at a discount).

This was not with a Ford, but does not matter, the Florida Regulations are the same no matter what vehicle you buy.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: drtuba

no unfortunatly I bought my car on July 9th 2006 before they made the warrantys longer from the factory.
Ohh...bummer...eitherway, my explanation still stands on price difference. With the caveat of any laws I wasn't aware of like the one above.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:25 PM
1QUIK06

Call your service manager. Your car should have a 6 year 60,000 mile warranty.
Mustang made after June 4th 2006.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JudisStang

ORIGINAL: brendend

i got mine for free i love shoping for cars, im to good at getting what i want
I'll be taking you shopping with me next time!!!

sounds fine to me. i love messing with salespeople. i still go "looking" for cars when im bored. and now that i drive a nice car i get to testdrive more stuff. the new m3 are fast as hell btw

Quick Reply: Ford Extended Warranty