Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car sounds too tame

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 11:58 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My car sounds too tame

it means that you need these http://www.northparkmotorsports.com/...ust-p-865.html and you need this http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/midpipes.html h pipe to get that sound
Old 07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
foghorn2

Sorry to say, but the stock still sounds better than the others.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

i have heard of that mid muffler system 05gtdriver, in fact ill probably want to hear a good sound clip of that before i make my final decision on my exhaust
Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 AM
CaptainAmerica
1st Gear Member

Hey sorry to be so thick.. but what exactly do I need? Exhaust and ???
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

It's already been said, but FRPP Stingers w/ an O/R H-Pipe...I currently have Flowmaster 40's A/T's. Theysound a little better than stock, but not much.Have seen videosof side by side comparisons between Flowmaster's and Stingers(stock from the axles forward) and the difference isobvious...Go with Stingers...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:27 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Two ways I know that will be major throaty: leave cats on get rid of mufflers use straight pipes, or install off road x or h pipe, leave stock muffs on. very loud, very throaty!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

L/T = Long Tube Headers
O/R H-Pipe = Off road H-Pipe
Old 07-03-2007, 11:36 AM
StangMan001
2nd Gear Member

A guy down the street from me has a custom made x-pipe( with cats) with straight thru pipes & 4" chrome tips...Amazing sound. Very nice & deep and at WOT makes you drool. I have a Mac pro-chamber(with cats) with straight thru pipes & 4" tips & the sound is also amazing. Not as mean as the x-pipe, but mean non the less. Plus not as much drone on the highway as the Mac axle backs were. I'd never go back to the axle backs.

Rick
Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM
CaptainAmerica
1st Gear Member

Does anyone have a good article about this. I really need to become educated on the various options and what the different components are. I dont know the difference between Axel Backs, H Piple, Exhaust, Headers, etc. (Hey dont flame me out ;-) Everyone starts somewhere....
Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yukmouth

i have heard of that mid muffler system 05gtdriver, in fact ill probably want to hear a good sound clip of that before i make my final decision on my exhaust
Sound clips just don't do justice for the Pypes Mid Muffler setup. It's like trying to compare a harmonica to the pipe organ at Notre Dame. The sound cannot be compared to any axleback. It has a staging presence, a depth,a stereo imaging that is just un-frigging real. The sound comes at you from underneath the car, as well as the tips. It envelopes you but not in an annoying way that drone will. I haven't turned on my radio because there is nothing like the music that comes out of these things. The soundanalog is more closely related to a retro5.0 Mustang on bullet mufflers.There are tons of clips like that out there. Vintage, early American Muscle Car - only better because it's repackaged in a new vehicle.

Quick Reply: My car sounds too tame