Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transformer movie

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:14 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Transformer movie

yeah the movie was awesome...just got back from it...my wife has already promised that she is getting the camaro when it comes out (just to bust my *****) the camaro did look somewhat good....
Old 07-03-2007, 09:20 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman0303

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

Seeing a Bad A$$ Movie $10.50
Seeing a Hot Girl on the Movie included.
Seeing them destroy a Yellow GTO Priceless.

The movie was Very Very good. Besides the fact that GM obviously through some big bucks into it.
GM didnt pay anything. The director picked their cars since they have a wide range. They did a behind the scenes on the local news last night since parts of the movie was filmed in Detroit.
by the way. you are not 100% accurate....GM pulled off this coup due to Michael Bay and GM both be represented by William Morris. GM donated over 1,000,000 in vehicles...so that sounds like an investment to me...as well as GM is backing commerical ads for Transformers as well,,,But what is even more impressive is the fact that GM didn’t have to pay Paramount a single dime to get their products featured in the film. Instead, GM contributed $1 million worth of cars, and will pay for a multitude of ads that will showcase the movie and its vehicles.
So just how did GM pull this off? They used their connections, and they used them very well. You see, Transformers director Michael Bay is repped by William Morris, who also happens to represent GM. Plus, Bay already had experience working with GM, having directed two Chevy ads for them. “GM’s been good to me,” said Bay.
So, back in 2005 GM took Michael Bay out to a top-secret GM design center in California’s San Fernando Valley. Once on-site at the facility, GM introduced Bay to an impressive line-up of hundreds of Pontiacs, Hummers, Cadillacs, and Chevrolets. Bay fell head over heels for the new Chevy Camera concept car, and hand-picked it to play the lead role of Bumblebee in Transformers. The car will be on the market later this year. The movie
In 2005 GM officials took Bay out to a secret design center in the San Fernando Valley to offer him a smorgasbord of 100 Chevrolets, Pontiacs, Hummers and Cadillacs. The director fell in love with the new Camaro concept car and chose it to play the lead role of Bumblebee. The car will be on the market later this year, and is destined to benefit from its starring role in the Transformers movie.
GM is now tapping into the buzz surrounding the upcoming Transformer release, hoping to capitalize on their investment through the increase of sales. GM has also created a website - chevyautobot.com - where fans can create their own transformers, and Maxim’s Summer Hot 100 issue features a Pontiac spread with a human Transformers star, Megan Fox.
For a company that lost $2 billion last year, exposure to a younger audience with cash to burn is a great opportunity: “An opportunity like this isn’t going to come around again…. Unless there’s a sequel,” said Dino Bernacchi, Head of Branded Entertainment for GM.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 PM
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

Going as soon as I get off work. My nephew loved it and is going with me too. I can't wait, ever since the 1st trailer I've been waiting.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Yeah... that movie sucked @ss... the only good parts, was when the transformers were in car form, the 1970 camaro/saleen cop scene was good... when they were robots... i couldn't even watch the screen... utter waste of 2.5 hours and 5 bucks
Old 07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

Yeah... that movie sucked @ss... the only good parts, was when the transformers were in car form, the 1970 camaro/saleen cop scene was good... when they were robots... i couldn't even watch the screen... utter waste of 2.5 hours and 5 bucks
Your a dumb ***. but that's just my opinion. And where they hell can you see a first run movie for 5 bucks nowadays? You sure it wasnt just some theater showing old transformers cartoons or something?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:46 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

was not a 1970 camaro....I believe it was a 76 or 77...definitely not a 1970...but hey your opinion is your opinion...i thought the movie was good..
Old 07-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

Your a dumb ***. but that's just my opinion. And where they hell can you see a first run movie for 5 bucks nowadays? You sure it wasnt just some theater showing old transformers cartoons or something?
please hit me where it hurts... call me a name... HOLY CRAP... i posted my opinion, just like everyone else!

Here in San Angelo Texas, anyone can see a movie for $5.25 with either a matinee showing or a military ID... So go choke on something...

as for the 1970 camaro remark... you are right... i read a long time ago that bumblebee was supposed to be a 1970 camaro junker... i didn't even think of it while posting... 1970 had the split bumper... my bad...
Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

please hit me where it hurts... call me a name... HOLY CRAP... i posted my opinion, just like everyone else!

Here in San Angelo Texas, anyone can see a movie for $5.25 with either a matinee showing or a military ID... So go choke on something...

as for the 1970 camaro remark... you are right... i read a long time ago that bumblebee was supposed to be a 1970 camaro junker... i didn't even think of it while posting... 1970 had the split bumper... my bad...
yeah I read the same thing....then it changed to the hunk of junk 74 or 76..hard to tell....and i agree, You have your right to hate the movie and post your opinion....as far as the $5.25 part..your freaking lucky...wish they were that cheap here....
Old 07-06-2007, 12:32 AM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

I loved the movie.....my only critizism is when they transformed and fought as robots it was very difficult to make out what was happening. It moved too fast and the extreme complexity of the CG models made it hard to tell the robots apart in the flury of activity. So next time...slow it down, simplify the models so we can see Optimus dishing out the PAIN!

On a side note..I wonder if GM will be able to fend off all the other auto makers that are problebly chomping at the bit to get a spot in the sequels.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:46 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

I said it before, it was a great movie. Too bad it was the Camaro and not the mustang that got all the attention.

Quick Reply: Transformer movie