Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scared out of my mind.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:50 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Scared out of my mind.

Think the mustang is bad for electronics you should see my car. Every thing is electronic. There are no guages there are just screens. And you cant even enable the interior lights without hooking it up to a computer which only the dealers have. Literally everything is done via the computer.

I still wish cable throttles were used to be honest as they just respond better. The next step apparently is steer by wire. Which is gonna suck something awful as it will just remove all feeling of what the wheels are doing from the wheel.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:57 AM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

It does happen in the 5 speeds because mine does it but I can just press in the clutch and she will not take off. I was gonna take it to the stealership but I have had too much engine work to change back to stock so I just bought an aftermarket T/B just waiting for time to have installed and tuned. Damn drive by wire tech crap [:@]
Old 07-05-2007, 03:23 AM
allj
2nd Gear Member

I had a simular issue with the throttle body and I do have 5 speed. The tb was replaced and it has not occured again.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Very happy to hear you are OK.... that has got to be scary - I can't imagine!! Let us know what the dealer says...

for anyone: by the way, the computers in these car - would it have saved info like that and events before it? Just curious...
Old 07-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

I'll post a pic up today, I can't believe my biggest damage was a giant buldge in my tire. The ding I caused from hitting a pole isalmost unnoticeable. Although the pole is kind ofobtuse now. It drives perfect still, even though I hit a curb @ like 40 MPH and popped up a hill.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:17 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

I'd like to know how many of these throttle problems have occured on vehicles that have been modified? And by modification I mean everything from engine , CAI and even a new head unit for the sound system. If the Peripheral electronics IPOD unit can cause the indformation in the computer to go nuts, (ex. brake on, low oil pressure alarm, no gauge read out, etc) I see no reason why even it couldn't effect the PC. I've heard folks here state that the installation of a tune eliminates the throttle delay. I would think that it could also cause the reverse situation if it suffers an overload or error. BTW, throttle bodies can fail on engines that have throttle cables too. So I wouldn't get all fired up over power by wire technology. I read once where "most" throttle sticking failures were actually caused by the driver pressing down on the accelerator instead of the brake. Manufacturers go to great lengths to keep the brake and throttle pedals in the same location for this exact reason. Jeep learned the hard way about 15 years ago when they moved the pedals over to the left. Folks would hit the gas and then panic when the response was not what their brain anticiapted.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:24 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sw07gt

I'm going to guess that you have an auto. It has to be something with the auto cars because I've never heard of this happening in the 5 speeds.
well that wouldn't make any sense because everything to do with the throttle is exactly the same. You likely just don't hear about it because you can just disengage the clutch... What we should be concerned about is the fact it is happening to GT's and V6's. THATis very interesting imo.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:43 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

I'd like to know how many of these throttle problems have occured on vehicles that have been modified? And by modification I mean everything from engine , CAI and even a new head unit for the sound system. If the Peripheral electronics IPOD unit can cause the indformation in the computer to go nuts, (ex. brake on, low oil pressure alarm, no gauge read out, etc) I see no reason why even it couldn't effect the PC. I've heard folks here state that the installation of a tune eliminates the throttle delay. I would think that it could also cause the reverse situation if it suffers an overload or error. BTW, throttle bodies can fail on engines that have throttle cables too. So I wouldn't get all fired up over power by wire technology. I read once where "most" throttle sticking failures were actually caused by the driver pressing down on the accelerator instead of the brake. Manufacturers go to great lengths to keep the brake and throttle pedals in the same location for this exact reason. Jeep learned the hard way about 15 years ago when they moved the pedals over to the left. Folks would hit the gas and then panic when the response was not what their brain anticiapted.
mine's stock and still was when it happen
Old 07-05-2007, 05:13 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

we should do a poll for the years and models and this happening... would be easier to define? then move on to find out more... just a thought?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Mine is an 07 GT with CAI/custom tune and Camshafts.

Quick Reply: Scared out of my mind.