Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scared out of my mind.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 06:26 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Scared out of my mind.

I was thinking something more like this - detailed a little more... others may have a better idea... this is important since it applies to our cars...

Year:

Model (6/8, etc.):

Auto or Manual?

Engine Compartment / Performance Mods:

What were you were doing at the time this occurred? (i.e.: highway, parking, turning right, etc.):

How many times did this happen?:

Did you bring the car to a Certified Ford Dealer to check over and if so, how was it remedied?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:41 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: platnumheart666

Your telling me theres no "link" between the accelerator and the fuel delivery system? what is the pedal attached to wishes and dreams?
Drive by wire.
Get a wiring diagram and see how it works.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:37 PM
SkullE404
1st Gear Member

There was a post about this a while back and a tech explained how the throttle system works and that it is IMPOSSIBLE for the car to do this on its own. I was a bit worried cause it happened to me and i was wondering what happened. Basically he said the gas peddle and the brake peddle are unusually close together and if you just slide your foot onto the brake without lifting your foot off of the floor then there is a Chance that you will press both of the peddles at the same time (especialy if you just press the side of the brake and not the center of it). After hearing this, the next time it happened i remembered it and moved my foot over and the gas peddle came back up. It was me that was causing it not the car.

And he explained that there are 3 separate sensors for the gas peddle and that they all need to give the computer the same number for the throttle to work. 1 sensor off and the car doesn't move. Its a very safe drive by wire system.

Wish i could find the post though. He explained it much better.