Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG OWNERS, I HAVE A QUESTION...

Old 07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG OWNERS, I HAVE A QUESTION...

$6000 for turbo including intercooler, injectors, tuner, customt tune, etc... (I got hooked up)

$1300 for install

plus wideband and boost gauge $400

Methonal $400 install $200

beating all the cars on the street

PRICELESS

cant believe i was the first to pull the "priceless"
Old 07-05-2007, 04:30 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

ORIGINAL: wozz

I know it doesnt really matter much but im just curious how badly do the twins screws affect MPG? As I keep hearing people saying fuel consumption is awful even just driving around town slowly after it. Heard someone say he is lucky to get 13mpg. Is it really that bad? As that would make me lean towards the centri's / turbo. As its gonna be a daily driver and most of my driving is through city centre in rush hour.
your MPG will suffer.... to make more power requires more fuel..... the other issue is when u have the S/C... u cant keep your foot out of the power!

I've been avg 14-15 around town.... have not done much long dist driving since the S/C....
Obviously more power requires more air / fuel. But i just meant cruising around taking off slowly etc does it really hurt the MPG going with a twin screw type over say the difference between a centri / turbo. I plan to drive the crap out of the car and I my right foot is made of lead. Im not so bothered about how much it uses when im having fun as the smiles will be worth it. Im just meaning am i expecting a big drop around town or is it only small. Im just trying to work out everything I can on what I want from the car before I buy it. Already looked into brakes / suspension and know exactly what I want with the project start to finish but the engine I have no idea on yet so trying to get information about everything possible.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

my guess... 3-4 around town... a post above suggests hwy you'll not lose that much.. I don't know yet....
Old 07-05-2007, 04:36 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

thx to Undergorund mustang and shopping around It was about 5800 for all, extra parts, pulleys, injectors etc and install.and custom tune by Justin at VMP...is it worth it.....IMO hell yes....would I do it again...in a heartbeat but as drbob said I would not have invest in the cai and tune etc before....then again...I did use some of the parts from my previous modding including the obvious header set up etc.....daily driver with 422rwhp and 416 torque down here in western florida....hell yes....the only slight hiccup is rain in Florida and the torque dont mix well.....traction whats that in rain...other than that...loving the boost.....
Old 07-05-2007, 04:39 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

after my tune with Justin. my mpg went way up....so if I lay into her obviously ....mpg is 13-16 around town....if i dont i am getting 17-20 and over 23 highway.....
Old 07-05-2007, 04:43 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

My hwy mileage is still 21mpg if I take it real easy, but it's also real easy to get down into the mid teens.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:19 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

That doesnt sound too bad then. I drive my cars hard constantly I mean my little 1.6 litre hatch back gets a whopping 22mpg On mixed driving. So stangs getting similar seem pretty good. Only way I can get mine above 25 is on a long trip at a steady 70 - 90mph.

Im just one of these people who likes to research everything and know what I plan to do with the car before I even get it. I only bought the current car I have now basically to save money and now got a few thousand put aside for mods before I have even got the car. I dont get any warranty with it being imported to the UK anyway so might as well start modding straight away.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i like the way you think , let the modding
begin

ORIGINAL: wozz

I dont get any warranty with it being imported to the UK anyway so might as well start modding straight away.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

TTT...

Keep these comments commin', they're great and VERY informative...I'm taking it all in...Thanks all...