Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WATER LEAK: Found this in my '06 GT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 12:10 AM
mtusrsmith

Default WATER LEAK: Found this in my '06 GT!!!

Well, it wasn't exactly an accident, I put three garden hoses over the cowl for several hours. Why, you ask??

My dealer has refused to attempt any repairs on the last two visits, claiming that they could not reproduce the leak. This despite being shown many pictures of places where water is present when it leaks.

So, I set out to see how difficult it would be for me to reproduce it. Turns out, NOT VERY DIFFICULT AT ALL! I even got water on the drivers side.

I have had my car in the shop three times since last August for this leak, the fact that this problem continues unresolved after this length of time is ridiculous.

I suspect that my dealer is not attempting repairs due to the lemon laws generally requiring that a dealer make several unsuccessful repair ATTEMPTS before the consumer has the right to a new car. No repair attempt, no lemon. Am I reading something into this that isn't there?

[IMG]local://upfiles/57726/92A17876785D4DBCA71380CA769464B7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57726/25C6E7A3739240CFB179E881253C85FB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57726/09813501321945629E7A9644F04E69C2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 AM
mtusrsmith

Default RE: WATER LEAK: Found this in my '06 GT!!!

OK, just so this doesn't get sideways, I am well aware of the multiple threads on this topic.

Just a little bit of a new angle, maybe.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 AM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

That pretty much bites the big one. I'd take it back and show the dealership exactly where to put the hose to duplicate the leak. If you do a search on this subject there are several seams that cause this problem. Print out the thread and take the resolutions with you for the bodyshop. Sorry about your luck on this. I'd be pissed too. There's no excuse for a car leaking water.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:41 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Let us know what the dealer says now.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

I guarentee that the fire wall seam and a pillar seam does not have any seam sealer on it! Take it to the dealership and demand that they take off the wiper cowl and point out where the seam sealer should be! TSB is out there,,,, i saw it personally! Good Luck man, took 3 tries and 19 days at the dealership (20 days for a lemon in first year for same problem) but just to warn you, they had to tear off my pass fender, take off my hood, remove battery, gut the inside of my car down to just the shifter and steering wheel, and fender liner pass side, they even took out my pass air bag! Demand New Carpet! Dont take no for an answer! Once again Good Luck and check with them twice a day, go down there and demand to see what progress is made to your ride!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:34 AM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear about your leaking problem!!! UGH!!!!

i would bring it to another dealer, first... but if you get no satisfaction:

if you have a lawyer as a friend/family - get a letter written on their letterhead to the better business bureau and surrounding dealers including bum dealer - within 3 days you'll have several offers to fix the car, even the dealers who you didn't purchase from... this happened with my husbands ford ranger that they claimed was fixed 2 times... well, a new dealer fixed the problem good as new!

Old 07-06-2007, 10:18 AM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

tsb is out there??? where and please post it
Old 07-09-2007, 08:08 PM
mtusrsmith

[align=left]So I took a trip down to my local Ford dealership today to talk about the FOURTH occurrence of the water leak. I told them that I was able to reproduce the leak with very little effort. They asked how. I said that I raised the hood and applied water all over the cowl panel. They said, 'You raised the hood?'[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]THEY NEVER RAISED THE HOOD!![/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Wait, it gets better. I suggested fairly sarcastically that they should apply water all over the cowl panel area until they get water to leak into the vehicle interior. The general manager of the dealership--the 'HEAD HONCHO'--said that they would try to reproduce the leak using the same technique that I had used, but that they would not agree to do it with the hood up. The F-ing GENERAL MANAGER flat out said that they refused to attempt to reproduce the leak with the hood up. His justification--'you don't drive down the road with the hood up'.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Talk about going into orbit, holy sh*t! I am 29 years old, college educated, andby no means a punk who thinks that my problems should be everyone else's biggest concern. But this is the most absurd thing I have ever heard from a car dealership (and I've heard some good ones)![/align][align=left][/align][align=left]This dealer and general manager will never have to worry about dealing with me again:[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Steve Everett, GM[/align][align=left]Langdale Ford[/align][align=left]215 W. Magnolia St.[/align][align=left]Valdosta, GA[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]'Nuff said![/align]
Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Go to a different dealer ASAP! They will have on the computer system that it has been in many times for the same problem. I would contact a lawyer as well and go after the dealer. Contact Ford customer support as well and file a complaint against the dealer refusing to do the work as stated. This is all red tape and smoke screens. Make sure to document everything and take many pics of the problem. Check the TSB list on this site for the sealer TSB mentioned earlier. Hope it helps.....I am mad as well for you!
ORIGINAL: mtusrsmith

[align=left]So I took a trip down to my local Ford dealership today to talk about the FOURTH occurrence of the water leak. I told them that I was able to reproduce the leak with very little effort. They asked how. I said that I raised the hood and applied water all over the cowl panel. They said, 'You raised the hood?'[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]THEY NEVER RAISED THE HOOD!![/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Wait, it gets better. I suggested fairly sarcastically that they should apply water all over the cowl panel area until they get water to leak into the vehicle interior. The general manager of the dealership--the 'HEAD HONCHO'--said that they would try to reproduce the leak using the same technique that I had used, but that they would not agree to do it with the hood up. The F-ing GENERAL MANAGER flat out said that they refused to attempt to reproduce the leak with the hood up. His justification--'you don't drive down the road with the hood up'.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Talk about going into orbit, holy sh*t! I am 29 years old, college educated, andby no means a punk who thinks that my problems should be everyone else's biggest concern. But this is the most absurd thing I have ever heard from a car dealership (and I've heard some good ones)![/align][align=left][/align][align=left]This dealer and general manager will never have to worry about dealing with me again:[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Steve Everett, GM[/align][align=left]Langdale Ford[/align][align=left]201 E. Magnolia St.[/align][align=left]Valdosta, GA[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]'Nuff said![/align]
Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

So I took a trip down to my local Ford dealership today to talk about the FOURTH occurrence of the water leak. I told them that I was able to reproduce the leak with very little effort. They asked how. I said that I raised the hood and applied water all over the cowl panel. They said, 'You raised the hood?'

THEY NEVER RAISED THE HOOD!!

Wait, it gets better. I suggested fairly sarcastically that they should apply water all over the cowl panel area until they get water to leak into the vehicle interior. The general manager of the dealership--the 'HEAD HONCHO'--said that they would try to reproduce the leak using the same technique that I had used, but that they would not agree to do it with the hood up. The F-ing GENERAL MANAGER flat out said that they refused to attempt to reproduce the leak with the hood up. His justification--'you don't drive down the road with the hood up'.

Talk about going into orbit, holy sh*t! I am 29 years old, college educated, and by no means a punk who thinks that my problems should be everyone else's biggest concern. But this is the most absurd thing I have ever heard from a car dealership (and I've heard some good ones)!

Thats bullsh*t. Some dealers will just try and find EVERY way around fixing it. I mean you have had it leak with the hood down and there is NO means for a car to leak!! I would try and take it to another dealership. See what they say. Its a problem and they should fix it. No questions asked!

Quick Reply: WATER LEAK: Found this in my '06 GT!!!