Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most embarassing Mustang details...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 05:27 PM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

Default Most embarassing Mustang details...

I work for Mercedes-Benz, have been a major automotive enthusiast all of my life,went through13 personal (foreign and domestic) vehicles just in last 5 years, blah, blah... Therefore I have a decent reference point in auto design and appearance.

It bugs me to see such terrible details in fit-n-finish ofone of my favorite cars: GT Mustang. I wonder what are some of the biggest gripes 05+ Mustang owners have with their rides?

Here are some of mine:

- Horrendous Key and Remote

- Exposed wires for the rear window defroster

- Clunking of the transmission/driveshaft, when shifting

- No Homelink

- 12V outlets are always hot, even when key is removed. Forgetting to unplug radar detector, Satellite radio could have you stranded with a dead battery.

- Awful long way to reach back for your seatbelt

Old 07-06-2007, 05:36 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Most embarassing Mustang details...

As I've said before, yeah we can all complain about little sh*t like morning mist flinging onto the seats when you get in the car in the morning, and the drivetrain clunks and trans quirkiness that is tremec/borg-warner defined, but these are all small things to pay for haulin' a$$, and if we wanted swiss-clock autos with little or no aftermarket tunability we'd all have M-Bs. Having a Mustang is like dating a hot bimbo - just love on the good, don't worry bout the bad...
Old 07-06-2007, 05:39 PM
jdt141
1st Gear Member

not to mention this car starts at oohhhh 25k, compared to any M-B that is 35k or more... yeah, its a bang for the buck. not all of us can afford to have our heads shoved up our asses enough to drive a benz.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:45 PM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

what no homelink.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Ultrashock
2nd Gear Member

Haha the worst part about my car is it causes me to have a lead foot sometimes[>:]
Old 07-06-2007, 05:50 PM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

Jdt141, out of all the cars, I have owned, none was a Benz...

Maybe someone needs to read instead of assuming. I work for 'em, not own 'em.

If there is nothing you would suggest to improvein thequality department, maybe it is an issue of low standards ormaybe your automotive world is limited to blue oval products only. Myself, Ibelieve you shouldexpect manufacturers to pursue perfection. Hence the reason for this thread.

"Having a Mustang is like dating a hot bimbo - just love on the good, don't worry bout the bad... " Now that is about spot on, s197richie.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:51 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

My biggest quirk is definately the loud clunking tranny when shifting, as well as the inconsistent clutch. Sometimes its clunky to get into gear and sometimes smooth as butter.

But, it works, so its actually quite impressive that these are the biggest gripes.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:53 PM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

hmm.... I guess Homelink is an individual option and not part of premium package.

Thanks for clarification.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:01 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 47Magic

Jdt141, out of all the cars, I have owned, none was a Benz...

Maybe someone needs to read instead of assuming. I work for 'em, not own 'em.

If there is nothing you would suggest to improvein thequality department, maybe it is an issue of low standards ormaybe your automotive world is limited to blue oval products only. Myself, Ibelieve you shouldexpect manufacturers to pursue perfection. Hence the reason for this thread.

"Having a Mustang is like dating a hot bimbo - just love on the good, don't worry bout the bad... " Now that is about spot on, s197richie.
alright...a newbie vs. newbie fight! For my two cents, my last car was the ultra-reliable civic, great gas mileage and could have gotten at least 20 years out of it...but I traded my faithful, semi-attractive housewife for the coked-up **** who's only gonna hurt me...my priorities were fun, tunability, a v8 and the ability to lay some serious rubber. IMO coming in here laying down a list of complaints for the car this forum was created for, is an invitation to get stomped...

p.s. thanks, I love it when people quote me...makes me feel like a published author!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:08 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

- Horrendous Key and Remote
It kind of bugs me too that I have the same key as a Focus, but it works just fine and the distance on mine is amazing.

- Exposed wires for the rear window defroster
I know its there but it has never bothered me.

- Clunking of the transmission/driveshaft, when shifting
The only time I heard clunking is when I was learning to drive it.

- No Homelink
WTF is homelink?

- 12V outlets are always hot, even when key is removed. Forgetting to unplug radar detector, Satellite radio could have you stranded with a dead battery.
I don't have any 12V devices to worry about

- Awful long way to reach back for your seatbelt
Grow taller...

Quick Reply: Most embarassing Mustang details...