Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOLY COW, FORD BUILDES EM BROKE

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 12:51 AM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

Default HOLY COW, FORD BUILDES EM BROKE

I got my 2005 GT Autowith 8K miles on it about 6 months ago. At the same time I started cruising this web site, looking for advice. I have owned 4 mustangs before but they were all classics or V6s.

To be honest, I was pretty dissapointed with my GT. It could barely squeal the tires and it seemed to lack the get up and go that I was expecting.

I decided to follow the advice of numerous members. I ordered the C+L CAI with the SCT X-Cal 2 tune. It arrived today and I immedately put it on. I had just washed the car and it was sprinkling, but I could not help myself I had to take it out for a spin.

HOLY COW, it is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CAR. This thing is stupid fast and its the pick up is almost scary !!! Ford needs to build them like this ! not like the damn ***** cat that it used to be.

I can't believe the difference !! best $600 ive spent in a long, long, long time.

BTW, I am hearing a "chattering" noise coming from the front of the engine on the drivers side, is this normal ?

[IMG]local://upfiles/51953/561E8C6B876B47E49CDF35113F576AAC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/51953/1C5C7ABB90CF40C38003CAD76EF0B6B4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-07-2007, 12:58 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: HOLY COW, FORD BUILDES EM BROKE

IMO all of the tunes from B ama, brenspeed VMP, etc make the car enjoyable for me and meany members here.....however, there are a ton of people out there that wouldnt care for the way that car behaves.....its to aggressive for alot of people I feel. Also i dont think that it would meet the specs (MPG, emissions, and whatever) that FORD is required or wants to meet. Its also a handful for a 16-18 to learn how to drive on. This forum only represents a small number of people that purchased the 05+ model in all reality.

As for the noise....i dont think its normal...
Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Did you notice the noise before or after you installed the CAI? in mind the new intake will sound different than the oem box. Make sure it is not pinging what you are hearing, do you have in your fuel tank, gasmatching your new tune?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Where did you end up picking up your tune and CAI? Are you running a canned tune or one of the tunes from Brenspeed or B ama?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

It might be the mounting for the Air filter. I've seen some sitting pretty loose on the mounts....
Old 07-07-2007, 01:45 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Did my C&L yesterday. Holy s**t. New car completely. Dropped my MPG from nearly 20 to 14. It's all good though.[8D]
Old 07-07-2007, 03:10 AM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

Nothing is loose, so that cant be it. The rattle seems to be coming out of the driver's side valve cover, and only the drivers side. I did install the bracket, so I took out the front bolt on the valve cover, but its plenty tight. Dammit it, its always somthing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate it.

Yes, gas matches the new tune

heard it AFTER I installed the CAI

got the tune from Brenspeed
Old 07-07-2007, 06:41 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

Im gonna have to say if your car is a 5sp you cant drive very well. When my car was stock I was chirping 3rd gear with the stock pirellis. After headers, x-pipe, tuner and intake it pulls harder but I dont always chirp 3rd like I used to except for the other day when I made traction control cut me off on my 2nd to 3rd shift(That was crazy!)

Also I have a wierd vibration noise coming from the passenger side but I think its my headers. Does it do it all the time when the car is on or just when you strat it and a few minutes afterwards?
Old 07-07-2007, 03:41 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Musta had the TCS on at first before the CAI and tune.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:21 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

The torque management system in the 2005's really seemed to be programmed to be extra conservative... especially in the V6's. I'm guessing the majority of the performance gain is going to be due to th tune removing the the torque management crap... Ford was being extra cautious, in the words of my Ford engineer buddy, "to make sure your drivetrain makes it through the warranty period..." LOL!

As far as the clatter... sounds likes she's pinging to me... you might want to try pulling a couple of degrees of timing and see if that helps..

Quick Reply: HOLY COW, FORD BUILDES EM BROKE