Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1/4 mile Guys, I need help!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:42 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 1/4 mile Guys, I need help!

I think once you get the D/R's and DS it should be a possibility. If you really want togodeeper after you ge 13.9just take out your seats except yours and takeyour spoileroff Anything in the trunk and the swaybar delete.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FrostByte
I call BS on the original time.
I see how you got your name FrostByte. You are a cold one.

The numbers Ron shows on his time slips are for real. He raced me that day, I was car #212, and I have a GT. That was before I got the Alternative Auto 93 tune, 3.73 gears and Spyder DS. I haven't been to the track since those mods. I'm getting anxious to get on the track again.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Nice, I hope you like your crow served cold, many of us have not only seen slips but also have seen him run in person.
Ron, you are on the right path. I have already given my suggestions so no need to reiterate them. You will see 13's N/A in that car, but the last tenth or so may need to hit the cool fall weather.
Good luck!
Old 07-09-2007, 12:39 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you're well on your way - good luck!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:18 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Thanks to all for the encouragment guys.
I really want to hit this mark with my ride. Yes there is F/I my future but this will be my way to respectablity in some small way with my car.
DR's, weight, and PRATICE!!!! on a cool day. Might just get luck!

@probinator....you are correct, better drive is a must.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:56 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

The numbers Ron shows on his time slips are for real. He raced me that day, I was car #212, and I have a GT. That was before I got the Alternative Auto 93 tune, 3.73 gears and Spyder DS. I haven't been to the track since those mods. I'm getting anxious to get on the track again.
Well im sorry. Its just that there a lot of people claiming great #'s like that & most are full of Sh_t. But w/ you being backed up like that then I would say "great time & nice car"!!!! I ran against a V6w/ a 100 shot last year & he was only in the high 14's. I call BS in hopes he would respond w/ a time slip or witness. We got both! I wasnt calling him names or any thing, I just doubted the times. I was having a tough time getting in the low 14's last yearwith out the supercharger ( old stock tires tho). With the S/C im only in the low 13's (new street tires). So you can see why those numbers seem out to me.
Again wast trying to insult, just didnt believe it. Nice car, great 1/4 numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:10 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

Well im sorry. Its just that there a lot of people claiming great #'s like that & most are full of Sh_t. But w/ you being backed up like that then I would say "great time & nice car"!!!! I ran against a V6w/ a 100 shot last year & he was only in the high 14's. I call BS in hopes he would respond w/ a time slip or witness. We got both! I wasnt calling him names or any thing, I just doubted the times. I was having a tough time getting in the low 14's last yearwith out the supercharger ( old stock tires tho). With the S/C im only in the low 13's (new street tires). So you can see why those numbers seem out to me.
Again wast trying to insult, just didnt believe it. Nice car, great 1/4 numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there are quitea few bolt on 4.0's in the mid 14's and some in the lows. if it was a 4.0 with a real 100 shot and he was running high 14's he is the worst driver ever, people have hit low 13's with the 100 shot. Once people actually start submitting their damn slips and mod lists to the 1/4 time list in the 4.0 section we can just link you to that, but for now there aren't too many people on there...you can go check it out though, you might be surprised.

btw whatever happened to boss244???? last i heard he was running 14.1's....how in the hell did he not get into 13's?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Evil Sephiroth
2nd Gear Member

Just get some drag radials!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:14 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

btw whatever happened to boss244???? last i heard he was running 14.1's....how in the hell did he not get into 13's?
He totaled it. Don't worry - he's gonna be OK, and back with another 4.0L
Old 07-09-2007, 05:37 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

You have the right idea my guess is some research on a tire and wheel combo with the d/s will get me driving your car there if not better. Find a wheel tire combo that ends up being lighter(!!!), smaller, and stickier you could pull out that half second right there. I need to get to the track bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1/4 mile Guys, I need help!