Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunday cruise = 29 mpg

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:11 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

Default Sunday cruise = 29 mpg

I was completely bored this afternoon and decided to take a short cruise. North of Orlando is the Ocala National Forest with 55 mph roads that cut thru the forest. I filled up before I left and went 121 miles and averaged over 29 mpg. I set the cruise on 62 mph and when I hit traffic I slowed to 55-60. I'm amazed that this car gets such good gas milage with a custom tune. I guess bitching about the trivial things like 47MAGIC
- Horrendous Key and Remote

- Exposed wires for the rear window defroster

- Clunking of the transmission/driveshaft, when shifting

- No Homelink

- 12V outlets are always hot, even when key is removed. Forgetting to unplug radar detector, Satellite radio could have you stranded with a dead battery.

- Awful long way to reach back for your seatbelt

offsets what a great car this really is[8D]

Sorry but 47 Magic's tread about the embarassing short comings of the Mustang still hasmy panties in a wad.The last thing I am is embarassed about my car.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:19 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Sunday cruise = 29 mpg

^^^ puts my 12.5 around town to shame. Also props for having the ball$ to bag on that 47magic, even after the thread was locked down (I considered "trolling for the troll" in other threads put figured I'd just get punished by the mods)...I can't help but wonder if we'll see this guy again...if so, I'm goin ball$-out on his a$$ again LOL...
Old 07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Denis great to hear. I hate the people who nit pick these cars to death with the trivial stuff like you mentioned. Nice post.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
2005StangGT
2nd Gear Member

I went from DC to Pittsburgh over the 4th and on the drive up was just below 28mpg and when got backI was at just below 25mpg for the entire trip of around 625 milesincluding driving around in Pittsburgh quite a bit for 3-4 days.....I'm not going to complain at all. The Highway driving was with the cruise set at 70mph when it could be....
Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you had a great cruise. 29mpg is pretty good eh? Just shows that you don't need to empty an oil field in order to have a nice day out in the Mustang
Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

Let me take the opportunity to post in FlaPony's thread and briefly talk about my weekend trip with the Mustang. Went and watched the NHRA Thunder Nationals at Bristol, round trip was 608 miles with the average mpg calculated at 24.12 while the car said 25.2. The majority of the trip was I-81 which most of you know in VA and TN is not very flat. Kept the A/C on the whole entire time even when we were idling in and out of traffic at the track and through town.
An absolute pleasure to drive and the comfort for a 6'3" fellow is pretty darn accommodating. Clicked over to 4000miles during the trip and I'm liking the car more and more.
Just thought I'd share a really good weekend and how the car performed. BTW, first time to a professional drag race.... WOW! words cannot describe those top fuel and funny cars. They defy physics!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:55 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

I actually just got back from a trip with the Stang to Brown County State Park (Nashville, Indiana). I thought driving through the park in the evening with the top down would be great and we spent the weekend up there. Total, we drove about 225 miles, round trip, and my MPG was 22.6. Not too bad considering the expressway driving there and back was around 80 MPH and, of course, going through the hills of that park (which is like a mini Smokey Mountains) is definitely not MPG-friendly.

Oh, and the top was down 50% of the time, and the A/C running the other 50%.

All in all, I can't complain...

Although, I will admit that the clunky transmission threw me at first...I thought I was breaking the damn thing when I shifted the first couple of times...lol...still, a great car!
Old 07-08-2007, 10:15 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

FlaPony- you should have called me!!!... i was going to do my calipers today, but couldnt get the jack and stangs from nothsa.. you gotta call me when you do stuff like that.. i woulda been there in a heart beat..

aclass- my dad was up there for the NHRA races.. he and i always go to the gatornationals in gainsville.. talk about amazing.. u can feel it in ur chest wen top fuel and the funnys run.. i like the pro stock and super stock classes the most i think..

but anyways.. good post Flapony.. see some of you saturday

Old 07-09-2007, 10:25 AM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie
Also props for having the ball$ to bag on that 47magic, even after the thread was locked down (I considered "trolling for the troll" in other threads put figured I'd just get punished by the mods)...I can't help but wonder if we'll see this guy again...if so, I'm goin ball$-out on his a$$ again LOL...
....Richie, you are too much, lol. Do me just one favor, please; Next time you go "ball$-out on my a$$" (which sounds a little fruity if you ask me) make sure you carefuly read what I wrote, before making assumptions.

FlaPony, nice gas mileage. You have factory gears?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

All right, RICHIE!
I've just read your last replies to my thread. Listen to mereally good now.You do not know me, son! You might feel strong and cocky behind the keyboard. Most likely we will never meet, but let me assure you that if you cursed at me that way in person, you would not be able to give your boyfriend a BJ for a long time.

Maybe you have never learned your lesson yet or maybe its just the false sense of security internet provides, but I suggest you tone it down next time you address me or other "newbies" on here you might feel superior to.

Lastly for everyone else who read your nonsense about me. I never insulted anyone first in my thread. I do not mind people saying that Mustang flaws I pointed out are minor. Of course they are. I only countered in my replies when someone started insulting me for no reason.

P.S. FlaPony, I did not mean to hijack your thread.

Quick Reply: Sunday cruise = 29 mpg