Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your image and your image when your in your car

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Your image and your image when your in your car

I really don't get much attention from random people,good or bad. I've been told that I look like a mean person and that's why people don't say much too me. The funny thing is that i'm actually a pretty nice person. What little attention I do get is usually positive, except for the ricers and chevy guys.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 PM
pegasusphototx
2nd Gear Member

My license plate pretty much says it all for me... I'm a quiet mild manored guy until I get in my car, then I show my alter-ego :-D

-danny
Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM
JudisStang
2nd Gear Member

Aside from the thumbs up, waves, double takes - and occasional double thumbs up... I often wonder how guys view women who drive Mustangs...

My employer mentioned to me during a chat one day:
When a guy drives a car like that, chicks dig it.
When you drive it, guys envy you and wish it was theirs.

hmmm, I've always wondered - not that i deeply care - just curious!

Old 07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Personally, I think it's pretty cool seeing a woman driving one. A friend of mine (female) drives an 04 GT and she is the one who talked me into getting one.

I know some people would say that, with a woman driving a Mustang, they don't really appreciate it for what it is and are "cluelessly" driving it, thinking it makes them hot stuff. But I would say there are many guys out there who fall into that exact same category. And a lot of time you can spot those kind of people, IMO...men and women alike.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

"The driver a young black male" Who cares? You ask about how people perceive us and then throw your own stereotype out there. Get off your almighty alter and drive the car or sell it. Story would have been somewhat better without the ethnicity card thrown in.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:08 PM
sccaii
1st Gear Member

I think we would all be very suprised if we could see the actual thoughts in peoples minds displayed in a bubble over their head when they looked at you. I think yourjob in comparison to what you drivebrings up even more possible stereotypes by others. I think my bubble would probably get me in trouble some too....LOL

To the "not harsh" doctor.....I wasn't offended just felt that I need to explain a bit further my point. If it was as simple of mind of matter then office politics would play such a role in how you advance at some companies. Whether we want to admit it or not the image others see of us can "at times" be very important. I guess just as we chose to drive these wonderful cars we also chose just how much of this image thing we have to be aware of.

Life isn't hard......humans just make it so.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sccaii
If it was as simple of mind of matter then office politics would play such a role in how you advance at some companies. Whether we want to admit it or not the image others see of us can "at times" be very important. I guess just as we chose to drive these wonderful cars we also chose just how much of this image thing we have to be aware of.

Life isn't hard......humans just make it so.
Agreed. That's why I took a non-corporate career path. Independent doc, no partners. No office politics, butt-kissing, networking. makes me puke just thinking about it.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'm perceived as an *******, but I am an ******* so it's ok.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:24 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sccaii

I think we would all be very suprised if we could see the actual thoughts in peoples minds displayed in a bubble over their head when they looked at you.
I'd like to think i'd be getting much *** if that were the case, lol!!!!! And probably in a lot more fights!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:36 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I have had mostly positive responses. The one I especially liked was, like the previous Corvette reaction, the Corvette coming towards me as I made a left turn onto the street he was on. He was coming toward me and as he passed he gave me a couple of loud salutes with his exhaust, which was very loud and not stock. He rubber-necked until he was gone. That brought a smile to my face believe me. When another Mustang passes and doesn't respond to me makes me wonder how many Mustang owners are really into their cars. I guess to some its just transportation... SO SAD!

Quick Reply: Your image and your image when your in your car