Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hurst black ball

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 04:29 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default hurst black ball

i know a few people in some thread were wondering what the black ball shift **** looks so I took a few pictures for you.
sorry about the ****ty quality from my phone.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default RE: hurst black ball

Looks sweet! Iam debating on switching over to a hurst shifter. I like the stock one but the hurst looks so goddamn nice.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

Nice pictures, I'm ordering that same one. It'll look good with the black interior.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:01 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

How does it feel compared to the stock shifter? My s2000 is a short throw but then the clutch feels short. The mustang feels like a long throw and the clutch seems "longer" than my s2k so im used to all short or long idk if it would be weird with half and half.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:27 PM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

To me, (this is just my opinion) the Hurst shifter feels a lot more "sure-handed" to me, it is either in or out of gear. The stock shifter in addition to being longer also felt like it had "stages of engagement" as I put it into gear. I don't know if this makes any sense. The Hurst gives me a lot more confidence, especially 2nd to 3rd , and 4th to 3rd. I like the uniform shape of the **** better, that's just my preference. The timing/motion difference of the old clutch travel with the new shifter reach only takes a couple shifts (if that) to get used to.

Sleeper2
Old 07-09-2007, 05:34 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Funny thing for me, I ordered the Hurst shifter that was suppose to use the stock shifter. It was about $30 cheaper as well. Well the supplier must of messed up and sent me the white ball set up. At first, I firgured if I was going to have the ball, I would want the black. Well 2 things. I like the feel of the ball better than the stock shifter and I have grown to like the white one.

The black does look good as well.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:35 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

I like that. I was looking at getting a Hurst, but wasn't really 100% with how the white shift **** would look in my all-black interior, but that black **** is pretty slick looking.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

Funny thing for me, I ordered the Hurst shifter that was suppose to use the stock shifter. It was about $30 cheaper as well. Well the supplier must of messed up and sent me the white ball set up. At first, I firgured if I was going to have the ball, I would want the black. Well 2 things. I like the feel of the ball better than the stock shifter and I have grown to like the white one.

The black does look good as well.
Wait, there's one made by Hurst that lets you keep the stock look?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:41 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I have a Hurst black ball that i purchased from summit last summer that i never used if anyone is interested, i'd be willing to let it go for a pretty good price. Send me a PM if you're interested in it
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I am so used to the shifter now after 2 weeks that after driving a friends stock shifter, it felt somewhat weird. As for the black ball pic, thanks, but where is the Hurst letters on the sides? That is a key ingredient for that ****. Thanks.

Quick Reply: hurst black ball