Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

The only problem I have with mine is the window controls on the driver side door rattle when the base hits a certain pitch. Almost sounds like the speaker is blown, but I know its not.
i have that same exact issue. im looking into getting it fixed. also, my door handle is now sticking, but that's an easy fix from factory.

as far as the thread starter is concerned, once i jumped the grand canyon in my s197 gt. no rattles or nothin.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

Mine is rock solid, sorry to hear that you got a weak one.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I had some rattles. I fixed them. It's so easy a caveman can do it.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:13 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vernon Tull

I treat my S197 GT very gently, and yet at 25,000 miles mine is already a rattly, flimsy thingthat develops a new problem almost every week. As fragile as this car is, if I ran it hard and did doughnuts the car wouldn't last another 5,000 miles.
That is your problem, you need to run them hard to tighten up anything that is loose from babying your car. So stop babying that car and drive it like you stole it.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:20 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vernon Tull

I treat my S197 GT very gently,
WHY!?!?
you bought a mustang to drive in gently?
how old are you?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I've got the dash rattle as well, and it's only got about 6k on an 07. No matter, though, it's going to get fixed when I pull the dash out to put in a new stereo (the cheapie stock one, below the Shaker 500, sucks).

I also get a clunk when shifting, but everyone tells me that's part of the 2pc driveshaft (which I plan on replacing when I have the $$$ to do so) and so I'm just chalking it up to that.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

My dash would rattle something terrible (wheel hop) until I got LCAs. Other than that, I have no issues at all. The car feels much better than I deserve--considering the lack of TLC that I give her. Hell, I've got the wrong oil in it (straight pure petro-based), the wrong grease in my BMR LCAs (regular), I had the antifreeze out of my radiator and intercooler for a while (race track rules), and hit the rev limiter (6800) under full boost at least once a month. I'm amazed that the car doesn't spit something out at me for what I do to it...
Old 07-10-2007, 05:01 PM
tom281
2nd Gear Member

Tire toastin', donut-doin', redline revin' dude here.... not a day goes by that I don't hit atleast one clean powershift into 3rd..... 2nd is tricky with 4.10s and a blower lol!

Anyway, my car is holding up well considering how I drive it. Most of my noise problems are not factory Ford itself, but have come from the suspension pieces I've added (steeda springs, lcas, and panhard bar).
Old 07-10-2007, 05:45 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

The only problem I have with mine is the window controls on the driver side door rattle when the base hits a certain pitch. Almost sounds like the speaker is blown, but I know its not.
Yeah i have the same problem too.
But... Im only 19, when i had my stock tires i would be with friends or by myself and felt it was necessary to start burning out or doing 360 (havent done a 360 since i got pulled over by a cop). I would call myself a good driver, but i still have to drive like an ***. I can not resist making the tires squeal in 2nd. I drive hard and i have not had any problems yet, except some stupid CEL about my throttle body, which only shows up when i need to get my oil changed (not sure why it does that)
Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Viking

Driven hard and currently at a bit over 37,000 miles.

I have a few rattles. The stiff suspension doesn't help on the rattle front much.

Quick Reply: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?