Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

I thought that rattles and thunks were part of the charm! If I want smooth I'll drive my wifes BMW (not really she won't let me LOL).

Honestly I have done enough mods that the car isn't quite but I didn't want it to be. BUt it's holding up well considering all she's been through.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 PM
zoso429

Default RE: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

I drive mine pretty hard, not as hard as TacoBill does but then again mine is a DD. I've just put 9K miles on it and other than the dash squeak/rattle it's a very solid car. I've done doughnuts and burnouts (w/TacoBill) and so far so good.

yeah the black marks are all mine
Old 07-10-2007, 09:05 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

everytimeI hear or feel a rattle, thunk, squeak, bump, whirr, bang, etc., I remind myself "oh yeah, it's a mustang" and continue to pound on it...that's what I bought it for! I mean you wouldn't date Pam Anderson for stimulating conversation, right?
p.s. bigdave, on my last wheel-hop, I thought my dashboard was gonna land in my lap lol...thankfully steeda took care of that for me...
Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

ATT : Vernon Tull................. YOU started this thread, but, you have not made a response, to your comments,..... that said the S197Mustang is a rattling, frail, something is wrong every week, ready to fail at 30K miles.
Again. (like my previous post) list your problems, specifically, by the week, we can help.
I have to ask this........... YOU have time to list complaints, BUT, no time.............. to respond ??
Usually, when an MF Member starts a thread/topic, they follow it through.
(Trolls start an anti - Mustangthread, and leave) WHICH one,..........areyou ??
Looking forward to your future, specificcomments
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

47,000 miles, full modded, 75+ passes at the dragstrip, and the biggest issue I have is having to turn the nozzle upside-down when refueling every once in a while.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 PM
DaBoss
2nd Gear Member

IVe got 45000 and drive the **** out of it. Nothing bad to speak of at all. I do donuts all the time and race her quite frequently. Ask sleeper05 or moses05. They have seen the way I drive my car. No rattles nothing annoying except the front suspension clunk and that was only after I dropped her 2" and put stiff as swaybars on her. Now that I have my Steeda HD strut mounts, no more thunking. This car is perfect in my opinion.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Just to point out one thing interior rattles etc aside. Babying the engine all the time is not good for it. Its good for the engine to have its legs stretched a bit. You will find sometimes when cars fail emissions they will take them out back rev the crap out of them for a few minutes and test them again. And they usually pass. It gets rid of all the crap that builds up from gentle driving. The engines in these things are like most American V8's bullet proof dont be afriad to open it up. If anything does go bang its likely still under warranty so its up to Ford to replace it. As they would have sold you a car not fit for its designed purpose.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Drive mine almost everyday, sometimes really hard. I don't have any really anoying rattles except the loose change in the console. I can't get my tires to chirp anymore. They just spin like crazy if I shift hard. Like an old friend of mine used to say "If all you can do is chirp the tires, your car is way too slow".
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 AM
8URGTO
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DaBoss

IVe got 45000 and drive the **** out of it. Nothing bad to speak of at all. I do donuts all the time and race her quite frequently. Ask sleeper05 or moses05. They have seen the way I drive my car. No rattles nothing annoying except the front suspension clunk and that was only after I dropped her 2" and put stiff as swaybars on her. Now that I have my Steeda HD strut mounts, no more thunking. This car is perfect in my opinion.
same here, but that's my fault.I too will soon have the Steeda strut mounts.
As far as the car is concerned, I have 18000 on mine and I don't think I've ever been gentle on it. I drive the **** out of it and yes I do have the occassional hic-cup or the rattle, but I haven't driven a Mustang that didn't and I'm a huge 5.0 freak.

Listen, the factory crap is just that, crap. I didn't start liking the car untill I dumped some cash into it. Now I love the car, it was way too refined for my liking when new. It now rides ruff, it's loud and it has a rattle every now or then, but it get far more respect nowthan it did new.

Put some cash into it, do some mods and I bet you'll be happier with it.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 AM
rcaponong
1st Gear Member

I think the fact that the car is still so new leads us to believe that it should run perfectly without any rattles or squeaks. The fact is there isn't a car on the road that is immune to quality issues if it's driven on a regular basis. Sure, extreme abuse will shorten the life span, but so will poor maintenance.

I love my Mustang, imperfections and all. Sometimes I wish it were an old car so I wouldn't have to worry about petty things like parking space and door dings.

Quick Reply: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?