Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Vernon Tull
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

ATT : Vernon Tull................. YOU started this thread, but, you have not made a response, to your comments,..... that said the S197Mustang is a rattling, frail, something is wrong every week, ready to fail at 30K miles.
Again. (like my previous post) list your problems, specifically, by the week, we can help.
I have to ask this........... YOU have time to list complaints, BUT, no time.............. to respond ??
Usually, when an MF Member starts a thread/topic, they follow it through.
(Trolls start an anti - Mustangthread, and leave) WHICH one,..........areyou ??
Looking forward to your future, specificcomments
Enough with all the posturing, macho, provoking talk, Mr. TorchRed. Get off your demanding high horse.I'm not some 18 year old flamer you're talking to. I started this thread as a legitimate, serious discussion. We don't all spend 22 hours a day on the forum, responding every two minutes.

A partial list of problems to illustrate theshoddy workmanship and poor design ofmy 05 GT is as follows (my apologiesto those who haveread this same list from me in the past, but TorchRed seems to think that I'm making all this up to anger him):
[ul][*]faulty fuel pump (replaced by dealer)[*]dead A/C compressor (replaced by dealer)[*]front end "thunk" (worked on by dealer but still present)[*]strange, disturbing grinding noise coming from transmission area when car is cold each morning and I make a left or right turn and accelerate[*]incessant dash rattles[*]excessive air noises coming in around windows at highway speeds[*]faulty Shaker system (dead CD player)[*]poor quality of leather seating material (premature wear and poor appearance at 15,000 miles)[*]continual problems with filling fuel tank[/ul]
My point is not at all to insult Mustang owners, but rather to find out if you think your S197 will last for 10 years. I drive my car easily for the most part because I need it for a daily driver now and also because I need it to last for six to ten more years so that my son can have it as his first car. At the rate this 05 GT is failing, it's going to be in the junkyard before I get it paid off. My old 1994 Toyota pickup with 200,000 miles has never had nearly the problems that this Mustang has. You would think that by the time Ford has been making cars for over 75 years, they would have figured out how to design and build them by now.

I really liked my '89 Mustang and my '04 Mustang, and they both were much more solid and trouble-free than this 05. My '89 Stang lasted for 12 years with almost no issues whatsoever.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Vernon Tull
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

ORIGINAL: s197richie

I mean you wouldn't date Pam Anderson for stimulating conversation, right?
Well said!

And your point is well-taken.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 AM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Hopefully you bought the car to have fun with it. If that is the case drive it hard and fast and don't worry about anything until it breaks. Sure my car will make some funny noises every now and then, but thats what its suppose to do.
I love mashing the gas and hearing the engine roar as my hurst shifter snaps into second with a pop and the tires squeak. You could go get a mercedes and mash the gas and not even know the engine is on while you are at 6,000 rpm accelerating and barely even feel a 1-2 shift with their autos, but what fun is that? Just roll down the windows and listen to the exhaust that will take care of all the little rattles and squeaks or just buy another car.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Seems like the floks who drive them hard never hard problems. I think they just like being driven hard. Every time I hear someone complain they always start by saying "I don't drive it hard and..." then it is something about rattles. I have an idea, it is a 300hp Mustang, drive it like one!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:04 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: guydon

Seems like the floks who drive them hard never hard problems. I think they just like being driven hard. Every time I hear someone complain they always start by saying "I don't drive it hard and..." then it is something about rattles. I have an idea, it is a 300hp Mustang, drive it like one!
AMEN brutha. My wife and I "drive" our stang. We've had it for just a little over 2 months now and put 4k miles
on it. I gun it everyday. I hate nothing more than seeing nice/fast cars over in the slow lane doing 5 under speed limit.
BTW, no rattles, noises or tickets. Can't wait to get the CAI/tune.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vernon Tull

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

ATT : Vernon Tull................. YOU started this thread, but, you have not made a response, to your comments,..... that said the S197Mustang is a rattling, frail, something is wrong every week, ready to fail at 30K miles.
Again. (like my previous post) list your problems, specifically, by the week, we can help.
I have to ask this........... YOU have time to list complaints, BUT, no time.............. to respond ??
Usually, when an MF Member starts a thread/topic, they follow it through.
(Trolls start an anti - Mustangthread, and leave) WHICH one,..........areyou ??
Looking forward to your future, specificcomments
Enough with all the posturing, macho, provoking talk, Mr. TorchRed. Get off your demanding high horse.I'm not some 18 year old flamer you're talking to. I started this thread as a legitimate, serious discussion. We don't all spend 22 hours a day on the forum, responding every two minutes.

A partial list of problems to illustrate theshoddy workmanship and poor design ofmy 05 GT is as follows (my apologiesto those who haveread this same list from me in the past, but TorchRed seems to think that I'm making all this up to anger him): [ul][*]faulty fuel pump (replaced by dealer)[*]dead A/C compressor (replaced by dealer)[*]front end "thunk" (worked on by dealer but still present)[*]strange, disturbing grinding noise coming from transmission area when car is cold each morning and I make a left or right turn and accelerate[*]incessant dash rattles[*]excessive air noises coming in around windows at highway speeds[*]faulty Shaker system (dead CD player)[*]poor quality of leather seating material (premature wear and poor appearance at 15,000 miles)[*]continual problems with filling fuel tank[/ul]
My point is not at all to insult Mustang owners, but rather to find out if you think your S197 will last for 10 years. I drive my car easily for the most part because I need it for a daily driver now and also because I need it to last for six to ten more years so that my son can have it as his first car. At the rate this 05 GT is failing, it's going to be in the junkyard before I get it paid off. My old 1994 Toyota pickup with 200,000 miles has never had nearly the problems that this Mustang has. You would think that by the time Ford has been making cars for over 75 years, they would have figured out how to design and build them by now.

I really liked my '89 Mustang and my '04 Mustang, and they both were much more solid and trouble-free than this 05. My '89 Stang lasted for 12 years with almost no issues whatsoever.
Sounds like you just got super unlucky and caught one on a really bad build day bro. Maybe it was when they were anouncing the plan to cut pensions?