Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Vernon Tull
1st Gear Member

Default How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

I've watched many of the video clips from Taco Bill and others of you who drive your cars hard and do doughnuts and burnouts and other aggressive maneuvers, and I'm wondering how is your car holding up? I treat my S197 GT very gently, and yet at 25,000 miles mine is already a rattly, flimsy thingthat develops a new problem almost every week. As fragile as this car is, if I ran it hard and did doughnuts the car wouldn't last another 5,000 miles. Is anyone having the same experience?

I'm trying hard to like this car, but beyond a hot engine and attractive wheels there doesn't seem to be much quality or longevity here.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

im at 18,000. its my daily driver and i drive it very hard. no problems yet.. im sorry to hear, as i have read many times.. there are a few bad apples and lemons, just glad i dont have one, atleast i hope not.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?

I'd have to see a list of your weekly problems to see if your comments are even closeto the truth. Explain what is flimsy and rattling. Have you had it to the dealer ?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

12,000 miles and only a small annoying dash rattle. No other problems at all. (knock on wood)
Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

I drive mine pretty hard about 80% of the time. Notihng noticeable going on with mine.

I have yet to do any doughnuts ( mmmmmmmm doughnuts) or anything like that. I do however swing the rear end around on a few corners from time to time.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Most peoplehave the problems you're mentioning but it probably doesn't bother them. I think a lot of it has to do with the sensitivity of the driver.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: BAMFstang

I have yet to do any doughnuts ( mmmmmmmm doughnuts) or anything like that. I do however swing the rear end around on a few corners from time to time.
Yep and 0-120 trips down the open road every so often

Everyone talks about rattles and everything but how loud we talking....is it constant and can be heard on the radio or exhaust or do you hear it when you just go over a bump at slow speeds or what.....if it is just over bumps then deal with it....its a muscle car not a freaking BMW....if its constant and you can hear it over a radio playing at normal level then take it in.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

i have 20k or so...

my honda rattled more than my ford...besides the sound of my exhaust, there is really no other noise.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:29 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

The only problem I have with mine is the window controls on the driver side door rattle when the base hits a certain pitch. Almost sounds like the speaker is blown, but I know its not.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:16 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

I have a good time with my car, I drive it hard (it is a mustang not a camery). I don't abuse it however. I think the most important way to keep your car running strong is to kee up on the mantance. I make sure I do my oil changes on time, use good oil, watch my fluids etc. I think as long as you keep up with your car and don't do anyting stupid with it you will be fine.

Quick Reply: How Does Taco Bill and Others Do It? or, How is Your GT Holding Up to Hard Driving?